Complaint Review: Mr. Transmission Marietta

• Reported By: Frank — KENNESAW Georgia United States of America
Mr. Transmission Marietta
1000 Cobb Parkway S Marietta, Georgia United States of America

Mr. Transmission Marietta Poor Quality Workmanship Marietta, Georgia

On 7/28/2011 Mr. Transmission rebuilt my transmission. Other than minor issues all seemed well until a trip I took to Lancaster PA. On 8/3/2012. All the sudden the car lost power in the lower gears. I took the car to a general mechanic, and the error messages kept changing around, with one common problem...A heat sensor message. I called Mr. Transmission on 8/5/2012 and was informed that the warranty required the car be brought to him. I informed him that was impossible, and his idea was "Oh Well".... I then informed him I would have to leave the car, and he said he would talk to repair shop in Lancaster on Monday. Due to crazy sensor readings, the car had to be sent to the GM Dealer . After a day or so, and all the goofy messages, they had to start breaking down the car to find the problem. They found it. A wiring harness that went to the solenoids on the transmission was resting on top of the muffler. The heat had melted through the casings, and was causing the issues. When I asked what had caused this, I was told that the clips were missing and it looked like "Whoever preformed the work had just jammed the wiring back up there and did not attach the wiring to the harness". I asked if the clips just "Fell Off", and was told that that could not happen. The harness was not attached. When I asked one of the people at the dealership what caused this, the answer was "A lazy service tech". Even after I comforted Mr. Transmission, they say its my problem, even though they did not rewire the car properly. Since I have been told the owner is out of town, and get nothing but "It's your problem".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2012 01:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mr-Transmission-Marietta/Marietta-Georgia-30060/Mr-Transmission-Marietta-Poor-Quality-Workmanship-Marietta-Georgia-931033. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr. Transmission Marietta