Complaint Review: Mr. Transmission

• Reported By: hou1 — HOUSTON Texas United States of America
Mr. Transmission
4802 Larkin Street HOUSTON, Texas United States of America

Mr. Transmission False Advertisment HOUSTON, Texas

*Author of original report: I got my car back

I called Mr. Transmission here in Houston TX after seeing an advertisement for $599, to get a price quote on repairing my transmission, They said that they would have to view the vehicle. I explained to them that I don't have the money right now but they said no problem that they just wanted to see what was going on with my car and that the inspection was Free.

So I said okay (never should have done that), but after they picked up my vehicle about two went by and they called me, the guy Rick if that's his real name sounded like he was calling 911 he was very in a rush and very frantic, he said that they would have to take the transmission out and give it a look, mind that they told me that they would have to inspect the vehicle already. Okay.... So he asked me was it okay for him to take out the transmission, I said sure thinking that it was free part of the inspection.

After two days went by I called and checked on my car and Rick answered the phone he said that I needed a pump or something like that and that he had already placed the order, I said wait...wait...wait... I never told you to order that part, I asked how much is this gonna cost me, he put me on hold and told me to call back tomorrow.

So I call him back the next day and and asked him whats going on.. he said that they had repaired the Transmission, and the cost would be $2700, I told him that I don't have that kind of money I only wanted the free inspection, so he said that they work with a loan company and that they would be able to help me out, so I go to the loan company and they charged me $3500 for a $1500 loan, I know.. but that was my only source of transportation, to make a long story short, they still have my vehicle, I was told that it got broken into and my stereo was stolen, and because I could not get to work I lost my job.

I would advise anyone who needs transmission work not to go to these crooks, they are not good people and will take your car.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2012 02:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mr-Transmission/HOUSTON-Texas-77007/Mr-Transmission-False-Advertisment-HOUSTON-Texas-878503. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr. Transmission

I got my car back

AUTHOR: hou1 - (United States of America)

I got my car back, I had to go legal but they returned my car, When I went up there with legal paperwork there was a different guy there his name was Rick, but.....Rick was not the guy that I seen first, but Rick was very helpful, and easy to talk to. But in any case I got my car back.

Thanks Rip Off Report.