controlling

Mr. Transmission
5909 servicer rd A trussville, Alabama United States of America

Mr. Transmission robert deceptive business practices trussville , Alabama

*Author of original report: Bogus

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This Rebuilt Transmission Has A Warranty, Does It Have A Problem?

unfortunely my daughter had my second car towed to this establishment instead of waiting on someone with a little more experience with cars, accompany her and this is basically the end result after having the car towed to mr. transmission in november. i talked to robert who is the manager, and he seemed nice at first, we talked about maybe selling the 98 honda accord, however only wanted to pay 500.00 for it, so i just basically decided to get the car fixed and continue letting my daughter drive it, we came to an agreement that it would cost about 1500 dollars to have the car fixed, my daughter wasn't able to come up with the money, so i agreed to pay in the feb to have the car fixe.,

when i went to pick the car up it didn't even look like the same car , it looked like it had been driven thru red mud and the seat was broken, they did offer to keep the car and get a sit from the junk yard although the seat wasn't broke when the car was towed there, and the mechanice marlon, or marcus couldn't fix it. the car also wasn't fixed it was idling high and i was told i needed a part that would cost 500.00 , and if i didn't get within 7 days they would void out the warranty, keep in mind the car was idling when it was bought to this facility.

i finally had to have the car towed to autozone that ran a diagnostic on the car and determined the car needed a air sensor control for around 180-200 bucks,i took it the a reputable honda dealership that determined the transmission that mr. transmission charged me 1500 bucks to rebuild was a used one probably from the junk yard! not only were the rude to me when i picked up the car but accused me of leaving it there for 3 months, although i had talked to robert about that being ok untill my daughter could come up the the money to pay for the work.

needless to say i think they took advantage of a women and a teenage girl and could really give a darn.i'm thinking about getting an attorney and also contacting the attorney general about the this deceptive business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2012 01:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mr-Transmission/trussville-Alabama-35235/Mr-Transmission-robert-deceptive-business-practices-trussville-Alabama-854947. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr. Transmission

Bogus

AUTHOR: bj - (United States of America)

Yes the car had been driven the mud on the inside of the tires and on the flap and the fact that it had more miles on it then it did prior to it being towed to your shady establishment .And just because you have been doing business for 25 whatever years doesn't mean a thing your staff was rude and wasn't helpful at all even when it was brought to your attention that the seat was broken you shrugged it off and your Mechanic( and I use that term loosely ) marlon couldn't fix the seat and gave up trying and basically walked away" like oh well" and you are wrong the car was drivable my daughter was just told not to drive it cause it wouldn't be safe, you probably one of those business's that crap on people and hope they will give up and go away which is probably why you have been in business this long, its easy to jerk people around and take their hard earned money for a poor piss service. The Honda when we left you place was running worse then it was when it was towed there to your shop and that was not the original price we talked about and you know it and no that is not a rebuilt transmission and you know that not only did it have junkyard writing on it but there were missing bolts which is what prompted me to take it to a dealership which confirmed it was shotty work their words not mine. However it basically comes to my word against yours. I've already came to grips that I threw away 1500 for nothing but the lesson is a valuable one I will never ever darken the doors to our establishment and will continue to tell everybody I know about you and your place of business and please believe me money was never an issue I thought I was dealing with honest people not the case. The Honda is now running perfect after having taken it to the dealership for a few hundred dollars more to fix your shotty work again their words not mines.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This Rebuilt Transmission Has A Warranty, Does It Have A Problem?

AUTHOR: Mr. Transmission - (United States of America)

First of all this particular vehicle was towed to us in October not November.  It was not drivable so there was no way to check how it was running.  The transmission was removed and disassembled in the same manner I have been doing business at this shop since I bought it 25 years ago.  The original price was $1913.44 and the customer did not have the money for repairs and was to make payments.  After no payments were received the vehicle was towed to a storage lot where it did get muddy.  It was discussed about the car being sold and the offer of $500. was made for this 98 Honda that has a salvaged title, no transmission, and not knowing how it ran plus there was money owed for a tow and the removal and inspection of the transmission.

Almost four months later we are finally are called by the daughter who had the car towed to us orginally and wanted to know how much was left to be paid.  We told her nothing had ever been paid and she was shocked because she told us she had been giving money to her mother to pay to us.  Her mother then called and said she would bring some money to us on Friday.  Two weeks later she showed up with $1500. and said she would pay the balance when it was ready.  My manager told her he would see if he could help her out and if she didn't need any solenoids that may be all she would owe.

We then rebuilt the transmission and reinstalled it into the car.  We tried to drive the car but it ran so rough we would not go far.  We called and told them the transmission work was completed but they needed to take it to another shop to have an idle problem taken care of.  She was told after the repair was made for her to bring the vehicle back to us so we could recheck the transmission and make sure it was shifting properly.  So far she has not returned nor called.

We did all we could to help with the cost of the repairs.  We rebuilt the transmission for $1500 instead of the $1900.  We installed a dual solenoid that we did not charge her for.  We did not charge for the vehicle being towed to us, being towed to a storage lot, the storage fees while the vehicle was left for four months, the tow back to us for the repairs.  As for the seat being broken, it was in the same position that it was in when it came to our shop.

If there is a problem with the transmission in this vehicle, it has a warranty; but, there has not been any complaints on the transmission other than the false accussation of it being a used transmission, from a so called reputable Honda dealership.