Complaint Review: Mr. transmission

• Updated: Mon, September 12, 2011

• Reported By: JoshuaLee — spring Texas United States of America
Mr. transmission
1816 Spring Cypress Rd Spring, Texas United States of America

Mr. transmission LIED TO ME ABOUT FREE TOW AND "DIAGNOSTICS" AND RIPPED APART MY TRANSMISSION Spring, Texas

I saw this company on the road on my way to church and thought, how convenient, I think I'll jot this number down. I called them and told them what my problem was and they told me that it sounded like the flywheel and not the transmission to gain my trust.

He was really nice and said let him tow it to his shop for free, I verified this several times before he did it. He said he would do a diagnostics on it for free. So I waited and waited and finally called him and he started blabbing on about getting parts, I asked him what he meant because it was supposed to be a diagnostics. He said "Oh it's the transmission and everything has to be replaced."

I asked him how much and he said he would get me prices. I explained to him ahead of time that I didn't have any money to replace the transmission or do any repairs for that matter, but he assured me it wouldn't be a problem and everything he was doing was for free minus any repairs. He quoted me a fair price for the transmission work, but when I told him I didn't have the money he referred me to a loan service. I had issues with the loan service and asked what it would take to just come pick my truck up and not repair it. He told me it would equate to over $600 for the tow and the "diagnostics".

I am still currently trying to get this taken care of. I will update as soon as it is settled.  My recommendation to anyone who values their money is to NOT do business with them at all! They are crooks and are out to rip people off!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2011 06:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mr-transmission/Spring-Texas-77388/Mr-transmission-LIED-TO-ME-ABOUT-FREE-TOW-AND-DIAGNOSTICS-AND-RIPPED-APART-MY-TRANSMIS-775906. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr. transmission