Complaint Review: Mt. Rushmore

• Submitted: Sun, November 30, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, November 30, 2003

• Reported By:Smackdownville Montana
Mt. Rushmore
http://web.ask.com/redir?bpg=http%3a%2f%2fweb.ask.com%2fweb%3fq%3dInformation%2bAbout%2bMount%2bRush Internet U.S.A.

Mt. Rushmore Mount rushmore park uses 9/11 attack as gimmick for more money Rapid City Internet

Just a note:I couldn't find the address for the Mt. Rushmore park online so I was forced to go about using the "Internet" selection.

Okay, I've been to MT. Rushmore before when I was a little kid and loved it. However all my love for the park turned to dissapointment on my last visit a mere month ago. My family and I were returning from a vacation and thought that It would be fun to go to Mt. Rushmore as a sidetrip. However when we got there we recieved a surprise. The always free admisson was now eight bucks a person, if you drove a regular vehicle, now if you had a trailer or drove a RV your fee was upped to a whopping 25 bucks!, also the free parking was abolished so that you were forced to pay the fee if you wanted to go. As big a surprise this was the biggest was yet to come.

Now let me say that although I didn't think that they should be charging people my father decided to pay for all so I didn't mind too much in the end, what ticked me off was their obvious lie for charging at all, instead of coming right out and saying that they didn't think that their twelve-dollar pencils and other overpriced gift shop items were bringing in enough dough they had the unmedigated gall to use 9/11 as an excuse.

They claimed that ever since the 9/11 attack that they had started charging to get in as to stop any possible terrorists attacks on the monument.

that was their excuse, they actually expect people to beleive that an eight dollar fee is going to prevent the likelyhood of a terrorist blowing up Rushmore.

This callious and disgusting excuse can easily be seen as nothing but a big scam to get more money by using the tragedy as a front.

for one reason If a terrorist did attack it would be by an airplane most likely as it was on 9/11.

and for another reason if a terrorist did by some chance come by car, then there is no way on god's green earth that he's gonna turn around and go home because of an eight dollar a person fee.

As I said before, I was quickly able to get over the fee because i was paid for. What i cannot get over was their blatant coldhearted and disgusting way of using 9/11 as an excuse instead of being honest up front and just saying they want the money.

Smackdownville, Montana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2003 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mt-Rushmore/internet/Mt-Rushmore-Mount-rushmore-park-uses-911-attack-as-gimmick-for-more-money-Rapid-City-In-73486. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mt. Rushmore