Complaint Review: Muldoon Associates Inc

• Submitted: Mon, July 16, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, February 21, 2013

• Reported By: Cory — Colorado Springs Colorado United States of America
Muldoon Associates Inc
Suite 205, 2910 North Academy Blvd. Colorado Springs, Colorado United States of America

Muldoon Associates Inc Muldoon Associates Horrible Property Management - Finds ways to take your money - Colorado Springs, Colorado

*Consumer Comment: Muldoon is absolutely LYING.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Misinformation

I got my statements for my home in NW Springs and things kept getting weirder, they are the worst company ever. Skimming rents, charging for stuff never done by their friends, and I'm out a ton of money for their horrible practices. If you find problems, they refuse to talk to you. They were happy to take the money for the contract and then do nothing to start with, then got rude and snotty when we found problems then completely ignored us. Put felons in our house, we came into town and went by to see - the place is ruined. Will likely just let it go into foreclosure because there's so much damage to the house now including some I was charged for already, it's not worth putting the cash into it and kicked Muldoon to the curb and kicking out the renters. According to our appraisals from the very start of the contract to now - figuring in the neighborhood's average decrease - we lost $40000 in home value. A few estimates on repairs run $1500 to fix the lawn, $2000 to fix the roof, $2000 to fix all the cracked tiles and shower, $2500 to replace the appliances that are busted, broke and rusted where it was torn up, $1000 to fix the patio/decking - after Muldoon has charged me $4700 in "repairs" over the contract! A blemish on my portfolio but it's worth it to be rid of this whole thing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2012 08:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Muldoon-Associates-Inc/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80917/Muldoon-Associates-Inc-Muldoon-Associates-Horrible-Property-Management-Finds-ways-to-ta-913052. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Muldoon Associates Inc

Muldoon is absolutely LYING.

AUTHOR: Cory - ()

The fact that Muldoon Associates would even remotely attempt to paint our home in the state it was shows one of two things.

He willingly rented a torn up home that was in conditions that violated tenant code or he is lying.  Neither makes him look very good, IMO.  If it was in such bad conditions, why in the world would you sign a contract to rent it?

I have photo documents (that are time stamped with photo exif data) on the date we moved out of the home, with everything in perfect order.  We personally had built tens of thousands of equity into the home, including custom tile on most floors, a custom tile tub surround, brand new appliances, etc. within the last 18 months before we vacated (which I also still have reciepts for).  That INCLUDES a VA appraisal report done 1 week BEFORE we signed the contract with Muldoon and 4 days before we left the home.  Or of course, you know, the VA appraisal was also lying (anyone with experience in VA loans knows you can't have a single blemish on the place).  I FURTHER have communications from the bank and USAA who held our loan with VA backing who did a walk-through when we moved out, on the value of the home so we could properly insure it for renters.  Or of course, the bank and insurance agent was lying too.

I have those pictures and I have photos of the damages the renters left behind.  I have all the original emails in which Muldoon ADMITTED the home was damaged but claimed it was "our fault" because we dared live in another state and not check up on the home (which in emails I still have, he claims he did until there was thousands of dollars in damage and we got back "you should have known" - direct quote).  I have the "statements" which showed billing by companies that do NOT exist in the Colorado licensed contractor database.  I also have the statements in which the money paid to us for rent after his "fees" varied month to month, even when no charges were listed.

I have emails from the renters who told us about them tearing up the grass, about them telling Muldoon they'd work on the house (without my permission) and Muldoon charging THEM for repairs, then charging us in OUR statement.  I also have the contract which stated Muldoon would gain my permission for repairs over a certain amount and to prevent getting my permission, (again, in an email in which Muldoon personally admits), he had his FRIEND (remember, the unlicensed, uninsured person?) list a ton of tiny charges which amounted to thousands of dollars.  Breaks in the plumbing, that were caused by a single incident (which he both claimed never happened, until WE hired someone to investigate and then claimed we "let" happen by not checking on the home that he claimed to be doing), he had them bill separately for each break, each crack, each application of sealant... then left the holes in the walls.  Which I also have photos of and proof he promised the renters to fix and never did but charged us $75.

Want to try again, Daniel?

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Misinformation

AUTHOR: Daniel Muldoon - (United States of America)

Muldoon Associates, inc. does not "skim" funds from anybody for any reason.  All of our charges are clearly outlined in our management agreement which the owner agrees to and signs.  This individual did not follow the proper steps when they vacated.  The carpet was filthy, there was trash left at their property which we had to have removed, they did not keep the utils on as requested, and we were forced to deal with a dilapidated asset.

We did what we could with what was turned over to us.  They did not do the repairs they told us would be done and they were not in a financial situation to own a rental home.  We provided all work orders and bills and accounted for all monies per the property management agreement.  We deal with dozens of owners and tenants every day.  Don't let one poor review from a disgruntled owner affect your decision to hire us a a management company.  Call us directly and make a decision for yourself.  Testimonials and references available upon request.

We hire legitimate companies and individuals to work on the rental properties we manage.  The appraisal value was affected more by the poor condition the owners left the home in and our management had nothing to do with it.