• Report: #208481

• Submitted: Tue, August 29, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, August 29, 2006

• Reported By:Hartlepool Other
Multy Electronics
1333 Broadway New York, New York U.S.A.

Multy Electronics ripoff, confusion tactics, price hiking, sales pressure. New York New York

Whilst on holiday I went into Multy Electronics Inc to look for a 1GB Compact Flash Card for my camera. The salesman said I didn't want a 1GB card & tried to sell me a 256MB card.

From what I could see most of the goods in the store were double priced, the higher price being almost double the lower price, the salesman started to use confusion tactics quoting figures, price differences, numbers of pictures that could be taken with the card he was trying to sell me & then swapping prices of how much I would have to pay in the UK.

Eventualy the salesman said if I paid cash for the card he would reduce it futher from the $100 or so to $70 inc of tax.

As I just wanted to get away from him I bought the 256MB card.

On arrival home in the UK I discovered that I could have purchased the same card at home for a quarter of the price I paid at Multy Electronics Inc, I was well & truly ripped off!

Mel
Hartlepool
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2006 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Multy-Electronics/New-York-New-York-10018/Multy-Electronics-ripoff-confusion-tactics-price-hiking-sales-pressure-New-York-New-Yo-208481. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Multy Electronics