Complaint Review: Multy electronics, inc

• Submitted: Sat, November 17, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, November 17, 2012

• Reported By: Hazem — Cairo Internet Egypt
Multy electronics, inc
1333 Broadway between 35th str & 36th str. New York, New York United States of America

Multy electronics, inc Ripoff specialist New York , New York

*Consumer Comment: real ripoff is coast and his rebutt

*Author of original report: This is the real ripoff

*Consumer Comment: Not a rip-off

I bought a projector on 16/11/2012 from Multy electronics, inc. on 1333 Broadway, New York, NY 10018 between 35th str. and 36th str. I was looking into sony, panasonic or toshiba projector. The salesman convinced me that the projector I was looking for wasn't worth it. He convinced me, with different offers, sales pressure & manipulative tactics, to buy a projector called cybertec which I never heard of and he went to its website and told me that it's originally $3,999 and he's doing a special for $2,500 today. Finally, after many discounts, he sold the projector to me for a price of 1143.19 USD. (receipt available). I thought I had made a good deal.

He used confusion tactics and made me believe that the brand was of a higher quality than other famous brands. That's why I didn't wonder about the high price. His policy was to discourage you from buying the brands you want and push onto you products of inferior quality at the prices of the quality items. After 3 hours, I checked on line & tried to find out more info about this projector. The model of the projector (HDP-80) was not even listed in the home page of the manufacturing company (www.cybertecelectronics.com). I was not able to register the product to get any support from the company. Also, I found that the current market price is less than 400 USD for this item! (It is in a range between 200 USD and 399 USD). I realize that they had ripped me off charging 350% above market prices.

I tried to return the projector to the shop, with little luck. I discovered that on the receipt, it was written in a very fine print "no refunds" exchanges only. I tried to exchange the items for the actual brands that I wanted. I went there peacefully and tried to make an exchange. The company policy is no cash refunds and exchanges must be done in 7 days. When I spoke with the owner and explained what I wanted, he then tripled the prices of the brands I wanted! His strategy was to inflate the prices so high that in trying to exchange I would have to add more money and in effect be cheated a second time.

These people play games with you.They totally ruined my vacation in NY. They tottaly have ripped me off! Never buy anything from that store or support their business! Can't believe they can go on and on with this! They should be put out of business!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2012 08:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Multy-electronics-inc/New-York-New-York-10018/Multy-electronics-inc-Ripoff-specialist-New-York-New-York-970545. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Multy electronics, inc

real ripoff is coast and his rebutt

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

coast kenny and stacie need a driver for dinner, take them to dinner and keep off the internet

This is the real ripoff

AUTHOR: Hazem - (Egypt)

To be honest in your business is the key of success. When the salesman give you a completely wrong information about the products which he sell, this is a critical point. When you loss your customer for ever & when your target is only to take my money for rubbish product, this is not a business. Business is to do a good job, satisfy your customers & keep them for ever, get a very good repetition with a reasonable money.

Not a rip-off

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"I realize that they had ripped me off charging 350% above market prices... They should be put out of business!!"

You were not ripped off. A merchant is permitted to charge whatever price they choose for their merchandise. It is the buyer's responsibility to investigate and determine how much they are willing to pay for the merchandise. Your report does not support your claim that they should be put out of business.