Complaint Review: Murr Properties

• Submitted: Wed, June 20, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, June 20, 2012

• Reported By: eyesopennow — South Saint Paul Minnesota United States of America
Murr Properties
Wagon Wheel Trail Eagan, Minnesota United States of America

Murr Properties Thomas Murr LOWLIFE LANDLORD Eagan, Minnesota

When we found this 3 bedroom rental property we were in a pinch and the landlord named Tom Murr was very accomodating and eager to work with us. He agreed to waive the damage deposit of $1000 if we painted the living room and bedrooms and cleaned the place up before moving in. We were more than willing to do this. If we had only known what we were getting into.

He came by while we were cleaning (it took 2 weeks to do all of this) and noticed the carpet shampooer I had borrowed from my parents. He then informed us that there was no need to shampoo the carpets as he had "scrubbed them three times and they won't come any cleaner". I looked at the carpets again and decided to run just hot water over the carpets in case there was shampoo left in them to attract dirt. I did a small 3'x3' square and the water looked like used motor oil. It even had tinsel in it. He didn't even vacuum the carpet!

When the first rain came, the laundry room window leaked so bad that (because the gutters were clogged up and the rainwater filled up the recessed window) it looked like a waterfall. The bedroom area in the basement leaked horribly and apparently a prior tenant had a cat and it smelled like cat urine so bad my asthma flared and sent me to the hospital. The landlord never did anything to fix it. We had to go buy our own carpet shampooer to get the excess water out of the carpet! It ruined our bed, file cabinet, and entertainment center.

Now we have realized there is numerous kinds of mold in the basement and my whole family has respiratory problems. I have been informed that once we move out at the end of the month he has someone already waiting to move in. He is going to make other people get sick from the mold and lack of fixing things he does. He has not fixed one thing since we have moved in - we have just to make it liveable. I have turned him in to numerous city, state, and government agencies. I seriously hope someone will do something about this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2012 04:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Murr-Properties/Eagan-Minnesota-55123/Murr-Properties-Thomas-Murr-LOWLIFE-LANDLORD-Eagan-Minnesota-900526. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Murr Properties