Complaint Review: Musick Loss Management

• Submitted: Fri, December 03, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, March 13, 2006

• Reported By:Lindenhurst Illinois
Musick Loss Management
3101 N. Western Ave. Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Musick Loss Management, Inc. Public adjustment company actually bottom feeding scum collecting money on your tradgedies. Rip-off! Chicago Illinois

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We have resolved the issues

Representatives of Musick, A Emergency board Up, Heard my home on fire with a scanner. Came to my house boarded it up un-solicited. Salesman says from board up service, calls me, 5 hours after we were released from the fire scene, tells me what a hard time dealing with State Farm is. Now parlays the board-up into this public adjustment company. Lies completely about what was necessary to re-build my home and what the contract I was actually signing.

Things get back to normal and I realize this is a serious, serious scam and have nothing in mind but putting money in thier pocket. I also find out that Musick as a contracting company has a very very bad reputation for work quality. I send the owner a letter. He tries to send two additional people to sweet talk me using any means necessary, like these people know my family, etc. I refuse to deal with them and want out of my contract. I am strapped into 10% of the TOTAL claim of MY fire. (I have no firm estimates but I would say the total loss is nearing 200,000) The salesman told me that if they did not reconstruct the home, 10% of my personal property claim. It took me to retain an attorney and contact Musick until I got anything from them. Musick sent me the insurance company estimates, I already had. They argued for a whopping 4000 increase on the building side. ( actually about 1500 because my contractor had given the insurance company adjuster the other 2500)

Musick has been offerred several very generous offers to settle given the amount of work they actually performed. He has refused them all because of my complaints to the Better Business Bureau ( to no avail) and the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

He has dug in his heels. I have no ideal how these people can continue to operate. It looks as only a lawsuit will satisfy Musick. He doesnt care though, it wasn't his fire or his home destroyed. He did'nt lose any animals, nor is family living in someones else's home and maintaining utlities on two houses.

Beware of this company and other "Public Adjusters" Their business purpose is fantastic, their business practice is frightening and not worth the cost.

Donald
Lindenhurst, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2004 10:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Musick-Loss-Management/Chicago-Illinois-60618/Musick-Loss-Management-Inc-Public-adjustment-company-actually-bottom-feeding-scum-collec-121039. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Musick Loss Management

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We have resolved the issues

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

Musick Loss Management has worked with Donald and the issues have been worked out to a satisfactory solution for both parties. Please contact Donald to confirm that all misunderstandings have been resolved.