Complaint Review: Mustang-Spirit, Tania Bennett

• Submitted: Mon, October 23, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, April 09, 2007

• Reported By:Aguanga California
Mustang-Spirit, Tania Bennett
Mustang-Spirit.org Phelan, California U.S.A.

Mustang-Spirit, Tania Bennett,Paid for horse, but not delivered. Sent her $1,100 March 2005 and I'm still waiting for the horse. Lots of excuses, and now she doesn't even respond. I've asked for my money back several times. Phelan California

*Author of original report: Time Frame

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: money was refunded

I paid for a pregnant mare in March 2005. I specifically wanted a pregnant mare because I wanted the foal born on my property so I could do the entire training .. imprinting, etc. The foal is now weaned, and I'm annoyed because I wanted it born on my property but it looks like it will be full grown before I get them here. I did not meet the mare in person, but instead have a picture Tania emailed me.

I paid $1,100.00 Tania said since I'm being so "patient" she'll give me an additional horse for free.

Some of the excuses I've heard: Horse won't load for the shipper. Shipper didn't show up. Horses misplaced at the farriers house and had to be located. A volunteer needed emergency surgery for a hysterectomy. Coggins results pending (I heard this one about a dozen times over the past year). Volunteer was going to bring the horse but then her trailer was damaged.I have a very thick file of correspondences full of excuses. I think I have every email printed out concerning this adoption.

I tried to arrange for my own shipper but they (Tania and her volunteer Trish) would not give me an address location for the horses.

I'm tired of excuses. My first request to have my money refunded was in July of 2005, and my most resent request was last week (October 2006). I have also documented my other requests for my money refunded. I want my money refunded because I no longer believe these horses exist. It's been over a year since the monetary part of this transaction was made.

Chris
Aguanga, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2006 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mustang-Spirit-Tania-Bennett/Phelan-California/Mustang-Spirit-Tania-BennettPaid-for-horse-but-not-delivered-Sent-her-1100-March-200-217238. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mustang-Spirit, Tania Bennett

Time Frame

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

Yes, the money has finally been refunded, two years later. Although I appreciate finally getting the money back, the two year wait was not a reasonable amount of time to wait.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

money was refunded

AUTHOR: Tania - (U.S.A.)

i have always returned emails/calls to the person who reported my rescue and the money was refunded in full. after the money was refunded, the party asked that she be notified when the horse arrived as she was still interested in adopting possibly two horses from us. in the past when refund was mentioned, party always opted to wait, as soon as she seriously asked for a refund, it was refunded with in the time fram prommised.

tania bennett/mustang-spirit