Complaint Review: Mutual Of Omaha Insurance Company

• Updated: Sat, January 26, 2013

• Reported By: Franco — Naples Florida United States of America
Mutual Of Omaha Insurance Company
Mutual of Omaha Plaza Omaha, Nebraska United States of America

Mutual Of Omaha Insurance Company Raised premium rates 400 percent for Supplemental Hospitalization when I turned 65. Age Discrimination. Omaha, Nebraska

A Supplemental policy for hospital care was purchased for me by my mother when I was approximately seventeen. We paid on this policy every year. When I turned 65 I was notified that my premium rates were being increased by an exorbitant four hundred percent. When I asked why, I was told because they could. They said they do that to everyone. Well I was never told during all those years that I could expect such an outrageous increase in my senior years. Most seniors lack the ability to pay such an increase and Mutual of Omaha knows this. They bank on the fact that you will not be able to pay this increase and give up your insurance thereby releasing themselves from any responsibility. They are ripping seniors off and the seniors do not know it until it is too late. Be warned. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in Omaha, Nebraska.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2013 04:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mutual-Of-Omaha-Insurance-Company/Omaha-Nebraska-68175/Mutual-Of-Omaha-Insurance-Company-Raised-premium-rates-400-percent-for-Supplemental-Hospi-1003698. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mutual Of Omaha Insurance Company