Complaint Review: Mutual Of Omaha

• Updated: Thu, March 18, 2010

• Reported By: luvzakat — Cary Illinois United States of America
Mutual Of Omaha
Omaha, Nebraska United States of America

Mutual Of Omaha Long term disability policy ripped my off when I needed them the most! Omaha, Nebraska

I paid premiums to Mutual of Omaha for many years for a long term disabiliy policy through my employer.  Then I became totally disabled because of a neuro-muscular disease and degenerative disc disease.  I loved my job, but I just couldn't do it anymore.  I was in pain and my medical testing showed definate nerve damage leading to my arms and legs.  My doctor wrote a letter saying I would need a wheelchair.  My neurologist wrote a letter saying I am disabled, but Mutual of Omaha said there was nothing wrong with me!  They would have had to pay me about $600 per month.  When I applied for Social Security disability, they accepted me right away.

This policy was a total waste of money.  I thought I had the security of Mutual of Omaha if I ever needed them.  Instead of being there for me, they were cruel and uncaring.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2010 10:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mutual-Of-Omaha/Omaha-Nebraska-/Mutual-Of-Omaha-Long-term-disability-policy-ripped-my-off-when-I-needed-them-the-most-O-582528. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mutual Of Omaha