Complaint Review: Mutual of Omaha John Wayne Cancer Policy

• Submitted: Mon, August 15, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, August 15, 2011

• Reported By: rptoff — North Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
Mutual of Omaha John Wayne Cancer Policy

Mutual of Omaha John Wayne Cancer Policy Mutual of Omaha seems to act as though I've got money growing on trees here. They were authorized to initially withdraw $11.90 and took twice that. I cancelled within permitted 30 days with conf. # & Promise You One Thing and Fugget About It Internet, Internet

Decided Cancer Insurance thru Mutual of Omaha might be a wise investment, so I went with their John Wayne Cancer Policy at $11.90/month/family and per Mutual of Omaha's mutual agreement authorized $11.90 be withdrawn July 8 of 2011. On July 15, 2011 I thought maybe they were being spoofed and I maybe got screwed when checking my acct. noticed two instead of one agreed upon withdrawals of $11.90 - one, stating JUL and the other INT  Called them up and received all kinds of run-around so I cancelled. I stayed on them to ensure cancellation and even received a cancellation confirmation number. I'd thought about transferring all my money from checking to savings but then figured I'd be okay since I had conf. number of cancel. Well, shoulda' gone with the hunch because low and behold come August 15 and I call customer service Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance to inform them there's another withdrawal by them of $11.90 No spoofing going on...just that they will hold your money as long as they can and earn the interest off of it before they refund you. They're just plain money gubbin', groveling, greedy. I will get all of my money back - that I can guarantee, but some folks would get sue-happy over this kind of hassle. Payback can be a mofo and don't mess 'round with other people's hard-earned bucks. I'm not gonna give 'em a whole lot of more time before the $#i! hits the fan, and don't you either if it happens to you!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2011 05:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mutual-of-Omaha-John-Wayne-Cancer-Policy/internet/Mutual-of-Omaha-John-Wayne-Cancer-Policy-Mutual-of-Omaha-seems-to-act-as-though-Ive-got-m-765544. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mutual of Omaha John Wayne Cancer Policy