Complaint Review: Mutual savings life Insurance

• Updated: Sun, July 22, 2012

• Reported By: Brenda — Golden Mississippi United States of America
Mutual savings life Insurance
12115 Lackland Rd St. Louis, Missouri United States of America

Mutual savings life Insurance After paying over 8 years on my cancer policy Mutual Savings does not want to pay after I get breast cancer. St. Louis , Missouri

Over 8 years ago I purchased a cancer policy through Mutual Savings. Every month the premium was drafted out of my checking account so therefore it has been paid on time each month. On March 1 of 2012 I found out that I had breast cancer which i ended up having a bilateral mastectomy on March 30 finding out I was stage 1. Now on July 22 I am about to start my chemo treatments tomorrow. Time was pro-longed due from fluid and infection.

For the past 4 months I have sent every form Mutual savings has requested UBO4 forms, 1500 forms, surgeons bill, anesthesia bill, lab report, surgeon report, and the list goes on I assure you. This insurance company paid out the first $3,000 dollars when first report was sent which opened up my claim. Now they are telling me that my claim has been cancelled because I have sent no proof of me having cancer. And then I get another paper saying they need the EOB form from bluecross blueshield. Saying because one of the papers I sent them that they tell me I'm another letter they didn't get indicates that I have a health care provider. I am confused is this part of the 25 papers I sent priority mail and also faxed the same day because you say you didn't get the other 17 papers I sent? Oh and FYI each paper had the claims number along with the policy number I was told by a lady in st Louis claims department told me to do with each paper I sent? I cant help but to wonder why MS has to have the EOB form?

It has been over 4 months I have another cancer insurance with allstate that my husband has with his employers and they have put MS so called insurance to shame. I am calling a lawyer to see what my best interest would be. It is sad that such a well known company can't hold up there end of the bargain but from some of the reports I have seen it seems like a common thing them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2012 09:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mutual-savings-life-Insurance/St-Louis-Missouri-63146/Mutual-savings-life-Insurance-After-paying-over-8-years-on-my-cancer-policy-Mutual-Saving-915887. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mutual savings life Insurance