Complaint Review: Mwi /aol Privacy Plus/privacy Guard

• Submitted: Wed, April 30, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, April 30, 2003

• Reported By:fayetteville North Carolina
Mwi /aol Privacy Plus/privacy Guard
Don't Know Who Knows, Connecticut U.S.A.

Mwi aol Privacy Plus - privacy Guard rip off scam con artists aol and mwi Connectiicut

i clicked on a button for aol privacy plus but they sent the membership to my wife because her name is on the aol bill. I cancelled the membership but they still charged me. They said i had signed up for two memberships. They didn't tell me that when I cancelled it nor did they ask me what membership I wanted to cancell.

I called them and asked them why i had been billed and they gave me the run around.I called them three times, and the last time they hung up on me.even though they said i would be refunded the money they made my bank account go negative.i havn't talked to my bank because they won't take care of pending tranactions.

This company is a rip off and aol is involved with them.I emailed a lawer who is starting a case in ca. aginst these people, and he told me that this company and aol did have a deal and that i should call aol.But from the other reports I see here aol seems to be denying their affiliation with this company.

fayetteville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2003 05:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mwi-aol-Privacy-Plusprivacy-Guard/Who-Knows-Connecticut-00000/Mwi-aol-Privacy-Plus-privacy-Guard-rip-off-scam-con-artists-aol-and-mwi-Connectiicut-55164. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mwi /aol Privacy Plus/privacy Guard