Complaint Review: My Alarm Center

• Updated: Wed, November 30, 2011

• Reported By: Shanti — Garnet Valley Pennsylvania United States of America
My Alarm Center
1400 N. Providence Road suite 3055 Media, Pennsylvania United States of America

My Alarm Center Connective Homes Unethical contracts that are impossible to get out of. Media, Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: Official Response from My Alarm Center

*UPDATE Employee: Official Response from My Alarm Center

I purchased a new home from Ryan Homes and entered into a contract with connective homes for a free alarm system for a three year monitoring peiod. During the three years, Connective Homes sold the monitoring agreement to My Alarm Center. Somehow buried in the contract is a clause that if you dont give them WRITTEN notice on a specific date ( like 60 days before the first full moon after the 2nd week of the month before your contract is up, you automatically renew for a 5 year period without any notice and agreement on your part.

I had been paying the alarm servicing agreement for 7 years and called to disconnect it because we no longer wanted the system. It was only then that I was told about this auto renew feature and they wanted me to pay for another 48 months. I told them i never agreed to the auto renew and it wasnt in the original contract I signed for the three year period. Since I had already paid for 7 years and the systen was unoperable, I requested an immediate termination of the monitoring.

I was continually harrassed by their staff, who never had any notes on what the other reps spoke to me about,.. the end result is that i have to pay almost 200.00 to pay for a service I have not used, just to get out of their bogus contract. I would run away from Connective Homes and My alarm center. If you are in a contract, get the exact date you need to give them notice by and send a letter that day to get out of your contract. As the other people have stated, dont believe a word they say, get everything in writing and be very careful with the auto renew language in the contracts. With so many companies offering month to month service, i would never sign one of their contracts.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2011 07:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/My-Alarm-Center/Media-Pennsylvania-19063/My-Alarm-Center-Connective-Homes-Unethical-contracts-that-are-impossible-to-get-out-of-M-803035. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on My Alarm Center

Official Response from My Alarm Center

AUTHOR: My Alarm Center - (United States of America)

Shanti - This is an official response from My Alarm Center. Please understand that we do not want our customers to forget about their contract expiration dates and at any time are more than happy to provide this date when requested. As a monitoring service provider it is our duty to keep our customers secure. Towards that end, once a term expires the contract is automatically renewed to avoid any lapses or disconnection in service. Additionally, we require written notice of intent to cancel 30 days prior to the termination date. This is an industry-wide practice put in place to protect our customers from fraudulent termination of services.

In regard to your system being inoperable, we try very hard to keep fluid communication with our customers and to stay on top of account information so that when a system is not working we can send out a technician or troubleshoot over the phone. Please note, it is our policy to schedule service immediately for the safety of our customers and we would have discounted you for the time it was not working.

We appreciate your comment and are sorry for any frustration you have endured. We employ these practices to best service our customers and keep them protected at all times. At My Alarm Center, your security is our priority. We appreciate your business and hope to serve you in the future.

Official Response from My Alarm Center

AUTHOR: My Alarm Center - (United States of America)