Complaint Review: My American Movers, Inc

• Updated: Fri, February 17, 2012

• Reported By: Di — Westchester California United States of America
My American Movers, Inc
15204 Stagg Street Van Nuys, California United States of America

My American Movers, Inc Movers were negligent and charged us way too much Van Nuys, California

We moved from Culver City, CA to Westchester, CA which is only 4 miles. We had boxes and very few pieces of furniture. I had all the boxes in 1 location near the front door at the pick up site. I hired 3 movers to speed up the process since there weren't too many pieces. During that time they moved very slowly and didn't work very hard. My husband and I had to help the movers load and unload the truck as well as disassemble and reassemble the furniture. They didn't even have tools with them and had to use my husband's. We made every effort to reduce the workload yet the 3 movers talked on their cell phones, took an hour long lunch break and charged us for overtime pay. The loaded the truck from 8:45 - 1:10, took a lunch break then unloaded from 2:15 - 5:15. It was very short distance move. They charged us for packing, mattress covers and rolls of tape. When I spoke with Rebecca the rep handling my work order, she assured me many times that there were no hidden fees.

I did ALL THE PACKING, yet the movers charged for packing. They put mattress covers on, yet we did NOT want mattress covers on, they charged us for 12 rolls of tape, yet Rebecca was adamant that there would be NO charge for tape since I based my hiring decision on that as well. From 8:45 - 1:10 is roughly 4.5 hrs and 2:15 to 5:15 is 3 hrs. The took an hour long lunch break and told us we wouldn't be charged for that. However, we were asked to pay $818.04 for 8.5 hrs of work.

The fact that the movers were told the day before to bring their own tools and they did not on the day of our move shows lack of responsibility and professionalism. Also, we should not have to pay them for the time it took them to call around looking for tools.  The fact that my husband had to use his own tools to disassemble and reassemble our furniture as well as load and unload the moving truck indicates that the movers should not be paid for the work my husband and I did.

I also gave them a detailed list of items and they are claiming we had more.  We only had 1 bedroom set, 1 dining room table and a few others pieces.  That's all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2012 09:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/My-American-Movers-Inc/Van-Nuys-California-91405/My-American-Movers-Inc-Movers-were-negligent-and-charged-us-way-too-much-Van-Nuys-Calif-840771. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on My American Movers, Inc