Complaint Review: My Computer Works

• Submitted: Thu, February 02, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, July 20, 2012

• Reported By: Lynn — Va Beach Virginia United States of America
My Computer Works

My Computer Works Do not use this service. I was told try for 30 days. Nothing about a contract mentioned. Then I find out it's for a year and I told the lady I wasnt with the service for a month and want to charge me Internet, Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Selective Hearing

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Please Contact Me Directly

Don't use this service. I called because I was having a problem with my computer. The man on the phone said they had two payment options. I picked $24.95 month. He said I could try service for 30 days he never mentioned a contract for one year or I would never have used the service. The first time I spoke with a tech he had my computer working then about a week later it was back to the way it was. Try calling them and nobody ever answers the phone. Think they are working out of their homes. I wasn't with the service a month and called to cancel and of course nobody answers the phone so I left a message to cancel the account. I get an email from them stating I was on a contract and to cancel is going to cost $609.00 I couldn't believe it. Everytime I called again no answer but get an answer machine. I called my bank to have them stop the payment to them. Now they are calling and eaving messages so again I called and again no answer. I never committed to any contract. Also they never fixed my computer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2012 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/My-Computer-Works/internet/My-Computer-Works-Do-not-use-this-service-I-was-told-try-for-30-days-Nothing-about-a-co-832870. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on My Computer Works

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Selective Hearing

AUTHOR: Henry - (United States of America)

I am a customer of My Computer Works and I started on a 30 day trial and then became a customer on a one-year contract. This complainer is just twisting the truth.
There is a 30-day trial and there is a 1yr contract. You obviously chose the contract. You know why the contract is a good idea? because it obviously only takes you 5 days to screw up your computer again. That's right, you are actually responsible for the working condition of your PC. Just because everyone own a PC does not mean everyone should own one. I got the contract because I mess up my PC all the time. I mess it up much less now thanks to what I have learned from the MCW technicians that help me.
It just makes me sick to see people that can't take some personal responsibility so they waddle over to the internet to lie and complain. Seven people found your lies helpful! That's how manure is spread...

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Please Contact Me Directly

AUTHOR: Matt Bauer - (United States of America)

I sincerely apologize for your negative experience with My Computer Works. Please contact me directly as I would like to investigate this further. This is not how we do business, so I assure you that we are taking this complaint very seriously. I can be reached at 877-629-6972 or via email at customercare@mycomputerworks.com. Just reference my name and your call or email will be routed to me ASAP.

Again, my sincerest apologies for your experience. I look forward to hearing from you.

Matt Bauer