Complaint Review: My DV

• Submitted: Thu, January 12, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, January 12, 2006

• Reported By:selby Europe
Internet United Kingdom

My DV Ripoff Liars - bullies - thieves - criminals need to go to JAIL scumbags Internet

Like lots of Parents the Father Christmas letter for 2005 included a PSP.

Having logged on to the internet sight Via "Ask Jeeves" the company at the top of the page was My DV.
It had a very snazzy looking web page which looked very well established, oh what a fool i was!!!

Having confirmed my order and entered my credit card details I was very pleased to have got my son's wish.
When I received my credit card statement I was concerned to find that money had already being taken from my account even though I had not received the goods.

This is when my stressful telephone "marathon" began.
The mailbox for the number was always full and E- mails were ignored.

I did manage to contact someone on the web page after waiting for 45 mins, the person told me that no PSP's were available but a large shipment was due any day. This was about the time something clicked in my head and I knew I was being ripped off!!!

I eventualy got through on one of the telephone numbers to be told by a woman I could hardly understand that if I wanted to cancel my order I would be charged 25.00 "RE-SHELVING" cost, or could I maybe sell the PSP to a friend!! After some choice words the woman put me on hold for at least 25 mins.

A man cane on the line dripping in smarm telling me that of course I could have a refund and it would be done straight away, yeah right. God only knows how much my phone bill will be now as I imagine I was calling over seas.

At this time my sons PSP xmas gift has cost me 400.+ phone calls and my time.

I am only greatful that I worked out this "CRIME" well before the shops sold out of PSP's or my son William would have been left heartbroken.

As a serving Police officer you can imagine how frustrating it is not being able to come face to face with these people, i hope they have trouble sleeping and die a slow death from a STI. From now on it will be the good old fashioned high street for my shopping the internet, although a helpful tool, harbours the losers and low lifes of this word who cannot work for a living and contribute to the planet in a healthy fashion.

Please someone get even on by behalf, Thank- you.

United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2006 04:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/My-DV/internet/My-DV-Ripoff-Liars-bullies-thieves-criminals-need-to-go-to-JAIL-scumbags-Internet-171527. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on My DV