Complaint Review: My Favorite Publications

• Reported By: Pamalumpa — Henderson Nevada United States of America
My Favorite Publications
4846 North University Blvd #435 Lauderhill, Florida United States of America

My Favorite Publications Beward trial-period charge Lauderhill, Florida

I called to order the Kevin Trudeau book "Free Money." I was offered several "free trials" at the time with generous "gifts" such as gift certificates. I declined all the offers at the time. Just before they shipped the book, I got one more call offering me some "free trials" to subscription programs, again with generous "gift" offers. Yes, she assured me I can cancel right away. Yes, I would still get the gift. Yes, there will be no charge to my account as long as I cancel before the trial period ends. A few days before the book arrived I received two envelopes for the programs I agreed to. Both letters sited a "trial period fee" which I never agreed to. They were small - $1.95 - but since I never agreed to them I disputed them with customer service. "As a courtesy" they agreed to take the charge off the bill but it made me wonder how many people never bothered to do that! Image the millions they're skimming of trusting people. I'm returning the book as well since I clearly can't trust anything Kevin Trudeau is associated with. If this is how he made his millions, then good luck to him. Karma's a b****.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2012 12:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/My-Favorite-Publications/Lauderhill-Florida-33351/My-Favorite-Publications-Beward-trial-period-charge-Lauderhill-Florida-966468. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on My Favorite Publications