Complaint Review: My Fitness Mentor

• Submitted: Thu, January 29, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 09, 2009

• Reported By:LaPorte Colorado
My Fitness Mentor
myfitnessmentor.com/ American Fork, Utah U.S.A.

My Fitness Mentor Charged my credit card without my knowledge or permission American Fork Utah

*Author of original report: Report My Fitness and associated companies to Utah Attorney General

This company placed a $29.99 charge on my Credit card on January 15 without my knowledge.

I had never heard of them previously.

When I called their 800 number, they explained that they don't sell a product, just fitness advice. They claimed that the charge was originated by Adipose.com - another company I had never heard of - only a web site per the My Fitness telephone representative.

They were willing to remove the RECURRING charge and credit my account for the 29.99 billing after I told them I had already closed the account and disputed the charge with the CC company.

Be prepared for a long hold when you call them. Choose the phone option to speak with someone about your account.

This must be a hack job since I only use the affected credit card for gasoline and never for any transaction where my address would be included. They did have my address.

If you have been victimized by this company, please take the time to also file a report with the Federal Trade commission at: https://www.FTCComplaintAssistant.gov/

Jr36
LaPorte, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2009 09:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/My-Fitness-Mentor/American-Fork-Utah-84003/My-Fitness-Mentor-Charged-my-credit-card-without-my-knowledge-or-permission-American-Fork-417662. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on My Fitness Mentor

Report My Fitness and associated companies to Utah Attorney General

AUTHOR: Jr36 - (U.S.A.)

I also suggest that anyone victimized by this company file a complaint with the Utah Attorney Generals office at: http://attorneygeneral.utah.gov/contact_us.html

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC