Complaint Review: My Fitness Mentor

• Reported By:monroe North Carolina
My Fitness Mentor
Internet U.S.A.

My Fitness Mentor fraudulent charge to my Credit card for 29.99 Internet

I noticed a charge of 29.99 on 1/17/2009 to my credit card. I checked the charge, and it was to My Fitness, and the description was somthing like "monthly fee". The state referred to was Ut, and it gave the phone number of 8005077385, which I called. No human answered, but it stated that if you had a charge to your account in error, the preferred way to handle was to email support@myfitnessmentor.com. I did this.

I also did some research on "my fitness" and it seems that the parent link is in Malaysia. I called again, and finally reached an employee (who could not tell me his name in intelligible english language). Told him the charge was not from me. He started reviewing all people with my last name, and finally told me that he could not reverse the charge (have you ever NOT been able to get a credit??).

I called Bank of America, their service was EXCELLENT - quickly reversed the charge, filed a report, closed the account and issued me a new card. I also researched the company by searching "my fitness fraud" and have seen that this is obviously a scam.

I had never had any dealings with the company or their related companies, and can only believe that they acquired my CC# through illegal means.

Please, contact your bank quickly and they will be able to correct it on your end.

Susan
monroe, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2009 08:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/My-Fitness-Mentor/internet/My-Fitness-Mentor-fraudulent-charge-to-my-Credit-card-for-2999-Internet-417161. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on My Fitness Mentor