specimen

• Updated: Mon, June 13, 2011

• Reported By: Hotrodgranny — Woodland California United States of America
My Free Travel Grocery & Gas Rebates
2531 Division Street, #105, Internet United States of America

My Free Travel Grocery & Gas Rebates Loyalty Products International School scammed into collecting funds and sending 50% to company, Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Woodlands Pioneer Highschool Duped by My Free Travel

*Consumer Suggestion: NEW COMPANY INFORMATION

Woodland's Pioneer High School Music Department Was Duped - Students sold certificates for $50 each to raise money for new instruments.  They sent 50% of the money they raised to My Free Travel.

After registering online, at a very professional looking website, buyers were able to print out 12 months worth of rebate coupons to be submitted with $100 worth of recipts.  Specific instructions on compliance had to be followed.  The company was supposed to then send buyer a $25 gift card for each month's worth of receipts.

I sent my first month's certificate, with $100 worth of original receipts, by certified mail in January.  It was returned as Unable to Forward.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2010 12:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/My-Free-Travel-Grocery-Gas-Rebates/internet/My-Free-Travel-Grocery-Gas-Rebates-Loyalty-Products-International-School-scammed-into-co-564805. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on My Free Travel Grocery & Gas Rebates

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Woodlands Pioneer Highschool Duped by My Free Travel

AUTHOR: LPI - (United States of America)

I am the owner of Loyalty Products International and I was duped by MY Free Travel.

Before my company started marketing My Free Travel Certificates we did a complete background check on this company.  My Free Travel told us they were in business over 10 years and they had an A rating with the BBB.  Before we started marketing their products we requested and received copies of their insurance policy that they told us would insure all customers in case they could not fulfill their obligation.  We were led to believe they were financially sound.  We ceased doing business with My Free Travel as soon as we found out that everything they told us was a lie and we later found out after they went out of business that their insurance policy was not in force.  They not only misled the consumers, but the companies that also sold  their bogus products.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

NEW COMPANY INFORMATION

AUTHOR: Michael Anonymous - (United States of America)

Administrative Contact: