Complaint Review: My Grant Resource

• Submitted: Mon, September 17, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, June 22, 2009

• Reported By:Rock Falls Illinois
My Grant Resource
14781 Memorial Drive Suite #1999 Houston, Texas U.S.A.

My Grant Resource Ripped off via Goverment Grant support company! Houston Texas

*Consumer Comment: Need contact info for the company

I decided to provide my family with a better financial future. So I decided to look into government grants.

I filled out some applications and recieved a phone call from a guy named 'John Rogers' from My Grant Resources. He stated I was qualified for a grant, and all I needed to do was send them a money order for the amount of $449 USD. So I did. About 1-2 months later, I recieved a booklet in the mail with a basic questionairre. This is exactly what he said would happen...So I filled it out, sent it back in, along with a itemized pricing list that they requested.

All I had to do now was wait. So I did. I called them many times only to get the voice mail. Finaly one time a guy answered the phone. I asked him what the status was. He said they were currently in the damage control business. The former manager was not doing his job, and some people have been waiting for over a year for theire grant. Ok! Now I know whats going on. He said my application would be delayed by 2 weeks, 3 max.

So I waited 4 weeks. Called them back, they said they will call me on X date around a specific time to let me know who I have to contact and whatnot. Ok! Excellent. Now we're getting somewhere. I waited till that date, and even drove to an area of the city to ensure I have great cell reception, so I wouldnt miss the call. I waited for 3 hours in a parking lot with no call. So I called them, after about the 40th redial attempt, they answered. They apologized and said they will call me in about 2 weeks on X date with my FINAL DEFINATE ANSWER.

Same gig, on that date, drove to the parking lot and waited for 3 hours..no call.

I have tried to call many times after that, left about a thousand voice mails, even tried resigning up to see if theyd be stupid enough to contact me..so I can request a refund.

After I decided to track down this company, each time I call it says "your number has been blocked". Ok, so I try from different phones...same gig.

Ive been waiting for my grant now for approx 11 months, and heard nothing in the past 6ish.

If your a lawyer and see this, id be 100% interested in cooperating in anyway to take this company down.

Tim
Rock Falls, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2007 11:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/My-Grant-Resource/Houston-Texas-77079/My-Grant-Resource-Ripped-off-via-Goverment-Grant-support-company-Houston-Texas-274926. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on My Grant Resource

Need contact info for the company

AUTHOR: Profdog - (U.S.A.)

Hi Tim,

Do you have a working phone number for this company that now calls itself iworks? It's amazing that a ripoff company like this can continue to do business...

Tony