Complaint Review: My Grant Success, Grant Access Club, Grant Resource Guide, New Grant For You, Easy Check 4 Me

• Submitted: Wed, May 27, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, May 27, 2009

• Reported By:Lake Oswego Oregon
5348 Vegas Dr. Suite 866 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Easy Check 4 Me, Grant Access ClubMy Grant Success, Grant Access Club, Easy Check 4 MeMy Grant Success, Grant Access Club, Grant Resource Guide, New Grant For You, Easy Check 4 Me Clicked Government Grant ad link from facebook, signed up for $1.95, randomly charged $68.13 Las Vegas Nevada

Like many, I followed the link to a "Free Government Grants" ad on facebook, and became interested. I was skeptical, so did some research, and found a site that looked legit and recommended - and hey, it was only $1.95 to get a list of grants available, and access to a website with resources. What's to lose? A lot, it turns out. I have had periodic charges on my credit card since then, the latest being yesterday, 5/27/09 with a date stamp of 5/25/09 in the amount of $68.13. I now have to look back at my account, as I know of at least one other charge, for a different amount, under a different name and number, but with reference to grants. Both numbers when called never produced a person - they are obviously bogus. The number listed today was 1-866-696-9132 and the charge was listed as Easy Check 4 Me. I now don't remember which of the above listed website names I clicked on, but after research, they are all connected. I can't find the original website I signed up on in the first place. I do want to note that I found it through www.bestgovgrantsreviewed.com because I wanted to find a "safe" and "recommended" grant lead, not a bogus one. The site I visited listed all the major news sites, such as CNN, and MSNBC, as endorsers, and they worded it well enough to be convincing. My advice, listen to you gut - I thought it sounded too good to be true, and it was. Really, you shouldn't give your credit card information out to any random business on the internet, it's just asking for trouble. Hopefully with enough people reporting these grant sites, we will get some justice. Meanwhile, I'm going to have to contact my bank and have these charges disputed, and further charges blocked. What a pain!

A.P.
Lake Oswego, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2009 05:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/My-Grant-Success-Grant-Access-Club-Grant-Resource-Guide-New-Grant-For-You-Easy-Check-4-Me/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89108/Easy-Check-4-Me-Grant-Access-ClubMy-Grant-Success-Grant-Access-Club-Easy-Check-4-MeMy-G-455938. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on My Grant Success, Grant Access Club, Grant Resource Guide, New Grant For You, Easy Check 4 Me