Complaint Review: My HughesNet

• Updated: Sat, June 02, 2012

• Reported By: Robert — Omaha Nebraska United States of America
My HughesNet

My HughesNet completely out of bounds,false advertising, scam plus Internet

I answered an online ad for highspeed internet service. I was so sick of my  present service that I was ready for anything that sounded reasonable. I called them and signed up for their basic reidential service package. They scheduled a time for the installation of sat. disk, Modem etc. At the time of the install the tech. mentioned that the dish he had installed had a dent in it, but thyat he had to contact the Co. and ask what they wanted to do about it, so he might have to come back he never contacted me again.

A couple of days into this and I was calling customer service, as I had no internet connection, and what I had had previously was slow. They attributede the slowness to internet traffic, and then proceeded to walk me through a complicated proedure which took a good hour plus. The fix lasted a few days then was doing same thing again, no internet. Still operating very slow.

Same results at customer service again, i did mention the dent in the Sat. dish, they chose to ignore that.The next time (few days later) the system had slowed down to taking up to 15 min. to bring up a webpage or timing out on most requests. Back to customer service, theyn informed me that I had exceeded my downloads allotment maximum for the mounth and I would have to buy additional tokens or up grade my service package to remedy this problem, so I upgraded which put me into about an $80 per month zone and it fixed nothing.

Back to customer service, they wanted to try and fix everything again, I told them no it would be better to just cancel the service as they had been trying unsuccesfully to fix everything for three months, this is when I got the big whopper dropped on me, they said I had signed up for 24 months of service (I  never agreed to nor signed anything), therefor an early cancellation fee of ($400) would apply. They want to charge me to cancell something they never got right in the first place. In my mind no contract was ever fullfilled on their end due to it never working right in the first place, (no internet connections half the time and the speed never fast as per their advertisements), at best speed was average. I just want to sever all relationships with this company, but not at an unjustified $400 fee, plus they were payed the mounthly fee for services not rendered.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2012 03:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/My-HughesNet/internet/My-HughesNet-completely-out-of-boundsfalse-advertising-scam-plus-Internet-892185. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on My HughesNet