Complaint Review: My Kazaa Gold

• Submitted: Tue, February 05, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, February 07, 2008

• Reported By:McAlester Oklahoma
My Kazaa Gold
www. mykazaagold .com Internet U.S.A.

My Kazaa Gold Will not refund money for product that doesn't work - Internet

*Author of original report: MyKazaaGold.com experience gets worse

I subscribed to "My Kazaa Gold" in hopes of downloading some music my husband and I have been looking for. I could not make this program work and asked for a refund. I was told I had to let them help me.

I was in touch with customer support, who told me to do what I had already done. After several correspondences, I finally got it running. I hated it from the onset.

It takes forever, they did not have any of the music I was looking for, I had to read advertisements and solicitations each time I brought it up and my computer's security system was compromised. Again I asked for a refund.

I was told I had to give it more time. After eight attempts to get my money back I called the number given. It was Customer Support, who said there was no number for Billing and that they would call me and arrange the refund. They never did.

They make the statement: "All credit card charge disputes must be handled directly through My Kazaa Gold. A $30 fee will be charged to your card for all disputes handled by your card issuing bank, without first allowing us the chance to resolve the issue." After a dozen attempts to get my refund and a dozen answers that were useless, I contacted my credit card company who said it is illegal for them to do that and that they would simply charge them back.

I would advise anyone to never ever deal with these people. It has been a nightmare from the beginning - and their product is lousy!

Cheryl
McAlester, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2008 03:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/My-Kazaa-Gold/internet/My-Kazaa-Gold-Will-not-refund-money-for-product-that-doesnt-work-Internet-306451. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on My Kazaa Gold

MyKazaaGold.com experience gets worse

AUTHOR: Cheryl - (U.S.A.)

I wrote about being unable to get a refund. I have correspondence from KazaaGold that answered my refund request with "After you use this product for awhile and still are not satisfied, we will be happy to refund your money in full". I told them I was still getting nowhere and I still wanted a refund. Then I received another email saying "Since you have downloaded our product, we cannot give you a refund". I had to fill out an appeal, and was told it would take 10 days to get an answer.

So I'm giving the go-ahead to my credit card company's dispute department. They will put a hold on the charge and I will have a chance to spread the word about this experience.