• Report: #207500

• Updated: Wed, August 23, 2006

• Reported By:Ocoee Florida
My Music
701 Rossland Road East Ste. 369 Whitby, Ontario Canada

My Music ripoff; will not honor their own terms of service regarding cancellation and refunds. Whitby Ontario

I had used Kazaa P2P sharing a few years back when it was the rage; but after the crackdown by the RIA, I stopped downloading altogether.

Just recently, I saw MyMusicInc. online and thought it would be fun to get back into downloading, and because their terms of service state that "if unsatisfied, for any reason, you can cancel your membership within 30 days for a full refund," I thought I would give them a try.
I joined on 8/1, and they promptly charged my credit card.

I tried downloading their software, and it totally immobilized my computer and was quite ridiculous. Right after that attempt, some things changed in our household and I realized I would not even have time to utilize the service (provided I could even get it downloaded).
On 8/8 I contacted MyMusicInc using the form on their website, to request cancellation.

They responded the next day, asking why, and what could they do to make things better. That was the last contact I have had from them, and I have sent several e:mails since, each time requesting cancellation, and a full refund.

I also called their telephone number (shown for them on my credit card statement) on August 17th and requested cancellation and a full refund.

Today, 8/23/06, I sent them a fax requesting cancellation and a refund.

A person should not have to jump thru so many hoops and contact a company through three different methods in order to attempt to secure a cancellation/refund. They should honor their terms of service and ante up my $18.95 back to my credit card in a timely fashion.

Ocoee, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2006 10:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/My-Music/Whitby-Ontario-L1N9K3/My-Music-ripoff-will-not-honor-their-own-terms-of-service-regarding-cancellation-and-refu-207500. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on My Music