Complaint Review: My Perfect Credit - ClearCredit - First Credit Of America

• Submitted: Mon, August 08, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, January 26, 2006

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
My Perfect Credit - ClearCredit - First Credit Of America
300 N. Elizabeth Street Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

My Perfect Credit - ClearCredit - First Credit Of America Harrassing Calls, $59.95 Cancellation Fee, ripoff Chicago Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: MyPerfectCredit Member Support Response

*Consumer Suggestion: Call the FCC,Attorney General and An Attorney

*Author of original report: Letters Submitted to AZ Attorney General, 1st Credit of America, and MyPerfectCredit

First off, thank god I found this web site. I had been receiving numerous calls from First Credit of America for a number of weeks, and inquired on what it was with my current debt management company.

My debt management company contacted the 866-505-2632 phone number for First Credit of America, and they explained that the reason for the charge was a $59.95 cancellation fee for my MyPerfectCredit account. Red flags were raised, sirens went off, and the light bulb appeared over my head.

I remember that I closed this account years ago (as under ClearCredit), and I was unaware of any cancellation fee (sounds weird too, because on the myperfectcredit.com web site, there is no cancellation fee, ever).

The $59.95 fee is steep, especially for someone who is resolving his or her debt. After viewing other people's accounts of this malicious attempt to collect an erroneous fee, I would like to offer myself up as someone who would gladly join a group in a lawsuit if need be.

I heard someone contacted the FCC, and someone contacted the BBB and state Attorney General's office... I am in need of help to take care of this, and any recommendations by you, the ripoffreport.com members, would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Nick
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2005 12:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/My-Perfect-Credit-ClearCredit-First-Credit-Of-America/Chicago-Illinois-60607/My-Perfect-Credit-ClearCredit-First-Credit-Of-America-Harrassing-Calls-5995-Cancell-152935. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on My Perfect Credit - ClearCredit - First Credit Of America

MyPerfectCredit Member Support Response

AUTHOR: Rachelle - (U.S.A.)

MyPerfectCredit makes every attempt to clearly identify any customers who may post to this site. Should the individual contact us and simply explain why they are disputing any balance or request a one time credit waiver, MyPerfectCredit will be very responsive to the request.

If at any time a member has a concern about their membership, wishes to close the account, or request a refund, they may do so by contacting our customer service representatives at support@myperfectcredit.com or (877) 469-7373. We promise to review your request on a timely basis, and make every effort to resolve all issues.

We stand by our commitment to provide exceptional customer service, and want our members to have a positive experience with MyPerfectCredit.Com. If a member cannot resolve any issue with the first level contact, they can request a second level review of the unresolved issues by e-mailing supervisor@myperfectcredit.com.

Hello,
I am no longer receiving calls from either company, and I no longer have an issue with this. Hopefully others are fighting the good fight and we'll win as consumers...

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Call the FCC,Attorney General and An Attorney

AUTHOR: Ericka - (U.S.A.)

If you call the FCC, The Internet Fraud Complaint Center,Illinois Department of Financial Regulation they will be able to help you. Please contact an attorney as well. If you want to file a class action lawsuit contact me at hillivy@verizon.net. I'm having the same issues. Unfortunately it's not Clear Credit. They have a new scam these days!!

AUTHOR: Nick - (U.S.A.)

Today, I sent a letter with a complaint form to the Arizona State Attorney General's office, as well as a Cease and Desist letter to 1st Credit of America. Both the Nevada and California MyPerfectCredit.com locations were also sent copies of all documents.

I am ready to fight this thing! I will continue to keep you all posted on this issue as time passes.

Thank you.