Complaint Review: My Perfect Credit Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, March 23, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, March 25, 2005

• Reported By:Baltimore Maryland
My Perfect Credit Inc.
1805 N. Carson Street Carson City, Nevada U.S.A.

My Perfect Credit ripoff fraudulent bank card debit Carson City Nevada

*Author of original report: My Perfect Credit fraudulent charges to bank card

I noticed a bank card debit on my statement that was unfamiliar.

Upon investigation, I found that I never authorised the debit, and had never heard of this company before. I called my bank, and was given a phone number listed with the charge. I attempted to call "My Perfect Credit" and constantly got a busy signal. I attempted to pull them up on the web, and found them listed under another report on "Rip-off Report.com".

I called my bank back to block them from debiting my account again, and now have to close my account that I've had for over fifteen years, reregister all of my automatic payments to my mortgage, gas and electric, insurance, etc.

I don't know how this company got my bank card info.; my bank says the charge was debitted directly from my card. There was no phone transaction, or mail transaction. This means that someone had to charge this to my card when a legitimate purchase was made. This is scary,and made me decide to go back to writing checks for purchases. The charge was only for $9.95 but it's my money, and I want it back in my account. I plan to persue this until the end.

Shirley
Baltimore, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2005 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/My-Perfect-Credit-Inc/Carson-City-Nevada-89701/My-Perfect-Credit-ripoff-fraudulent-bank-card-debit-Carson-City-Nevada-136121. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on My Perfect Credit Inc.

My Perfect Credit fraudulent charges to bank card

AUTHOR: Shirley - (U.S.A.)

This is a warning to Shawn of Ithica New York; you asked if they can charge your account again, well yes they can. I contacted my bank about the charges to my account and the rep told me that there was nothing that could be done about it except close my account and open a new one. I read about the form that could be filled out (Federal E Dispute Form) to dispute the charge and called back to let the bank know that there was indeed something that could be done !

Some bank personnel don't know what to tell depositors; this is sad. I also pulled up the website of My Perfect Credit and sent them an e-mail advising them that I didn't authorize the charge; you know what they did ? They charged my account again today. No one will answer the phone number listed for this company or you get a busy signal. Since this is a holiday, I won't be able to close my account until Monday.

I did some additional research and found that these people are in some way affiliated with a company named "Clear Credit". Last year, I responded to an ad on the web to get a copy of my credit report and clear incorrect entries from my report. The e-form stated a one time charge of $49.95 would be charged and $4.95 for each dispute to the three major credit reporting agencys. I admit I could have done the same thing myself but it seemed quick and I figured with a company handling the accounts, it would have the reporting agencys doing a more thorough job. I was wrong ! Very wrong ! "Clear Credit" charged my bank card over $200.00 dollars. I was able to talk to someone at that company and cancel the service but was unable to get my money back. I told them that their offer was a rip off, and was hung up on. When I pulled up their web sight again, there were changes to the original agreement that stated, in fine print, a charge of "no more than $49.95 "per month" would be charged to customers" accounts. My advise to anyone thinking of responding to anything on the web, TV, mail, etc. is to do research on the company before parting with your hard earned money. (Hindsight is always 20/20) These leeches change their company name, move operations from state to state, and keep right on sucking money from people. $9.95 isn't a lot of money until it's taken from thousands of people.