Complaint Review: My Perfect Credit

• Submitted: Wed, March 23, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, April 12, 2005

• Reported By:San Angelo Texas
My Perfect Credit
1805 N. Carson Street, #419 Carson City, Nevada U.S.A.

My Perfect Credit Ripoff read and heed Carson City Nevada

*Author of original report: I Actually got my money back from these people

I had the same experience as everyone else with MPC.

I've called MPC, sent the emails, been told I would be contacted, been told I would receive a cancellation form to fill out so I could get a refund (even though I already received confirmation my account was cancelled - the one response I did get from them)

Here's what I did:
First!!!! Call your bank/credit card and get the charges refunded and have a new card issued and/or account closed. You may get the charges refunded, you may not, but it's worth a try. I called my bank and they said they'll start an investigation and that the charges should be refunded within 5-10 days... recommend providing them this link for a little research so they can see that you are no the only one.

Second. File a complaint with the BBB. Probably useless. But if a lawsuit is eventually filed... if enough complaints are filed.. they'll have to act. - strength in numbers.

Third. File a cmplaint with the Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC - partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C)).

Jennifer
San Angelo, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2005 05:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/My-Perfect-Credit/Carson-City-Nevada-89701/My-Perfect-Credit-Ripoff-read-and-heed-Carson-City-Nevada-136181. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on My Perfect Credit

I Actually got my money back from these people

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

After contacting my bank to cancel my debit/check card, filing a complaint with the BBB, IFCC, and posting to this website I had received an email from the company stating they would refund me the 'dispute charges' of $20.85 that occured after I received a confirmation email from them cancelling my account. They stated they would not refund me the $29.95 non-refundable bank issuing fee. My reply to them was " How can you charge me an issuing fee for something that I not only did not request be issued to me, but was in fact NOT issued to me? Pending resolution to this matter I will be filing a complaint with the BBB, IFCC and posting my comments to riopoffreport.com"

I figured I'd never see the $20.85 even though they said they we're refunding it, but I did in fact receive a credit back to my account on 4/1/05. Here's the kicker... amazingly enough, when checking my bank account this past week, they did in fact credit my account the $29.95 non-refundable fee, though I din't receive an email from them stating they were going to do so.
***Accoriding to my bank, merchants can apply credits to a card after you cancel it, but they can't make any more charges against the card.

I don't know if it was my bank's investigation, or my threats of complaining to the BBB and IFCC (which I had already done at that point).. but hey, I got my money back......

Hope this information helps you....