Complaint Review: My Perfect Credit

support@myperfectcredit.com Internet U.S.A.

My Perfect Credit ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Stopping Phone calls

*Author of original report: 1st Credit of America

For months I have been recieving telephone calls from the following number (866)505-2632, and always around 7:00PM, I finally got to speak to someone today August, 9, 2005.

The person I spoke to represented herself as representing a collection agency and advised me that I owed the sum of $59.95 or $59.99, I couldn't quite understand her. I asked her what the bill was about and I was advised it was for a credit statement I had requested in May of this year, and that payment had not been recieved.

I advised the caller that if I had made a request for credit information over the internet that I would have had to provide my credit card information and the charge would have been paid. The caller stated that the charge did not go through and that payment was due now.

I told the caller to send me a bill explaining the debt, however, she advised me that the debt had to be satisfied immediately,she wanted a credit card number or bank account to be supplied. I advised her that I do not give that information out over the phone, and to send me a bill. She said no that the debt must be paid immediately. I advised her that in no way was I going to provide the information over the phone and again told her to send me a bill explaining the debt. She hung up,but not until I had advised her not to call any more.

Thomas
Toms River, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2005 05:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/My-Perfect-Credit/internet/My-Perfect-Credit-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-billing-Internet-153122. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on My Perfect Credit

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Stopping Phone calls

AUTHOR: Holly - (U.S.A.)

FYI, according to my personal experience, the company will continue to call you despite your verbal requests for them to cease telephone communication (and amazingly, this is legal). The request has to be written in a letter directly addressed to them (1st Credit of America). Once you write the letter and they receive it, it is then illegal for them to call you and at that point, if they do continue to call you, they are violating the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act).

1st Credit of America

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

The name fo the credit company claiming I owe My Perfect Credit,
is, 1st Credit of America.