Complaint Review: My Postal Address Change.com

• Submitted: Wed, April 30, 2014
  • Updated: Mon, May 12, 2014

• Reported By: Jil — Garland Utah

My Postal Address Change.com USPS Look-alike with extra charges that you are not made aware of. Unknown Internet

*Author of original report: Answers to Phone Number Question.

*Consumer Comment: I am in the same situation!

*Consumer Comment: Their mobile site does not list the charge

*Author of original report: Contact was Made.

*Consumer Suggestion: Here's what is prominently located on their home page...

My Postal Address Change is a look alike website that acts like it is the United States Postal Service.  I went there thinking that I could forward my mail for the 1.05 charge, however when checking with my bank, I was charged 39.95.  At no time during the process of forwarding our postage was I made aware of the charges that would be made to my credit card.  This website is a ripoff and others should be made aware of the fraudulent way it handles forwarding your mail.

I contacted the Postal Service and they said that this company takes your information and then forwards it on to the USPS, they are then charged the $1.05 and they keep the rest of your money.  Had I been aware of this I would never have used this site.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2014 02:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/My-Postal-Address-Changecom/internet/My-Postal-Address-Changecom-USPS-Look-alike-with-extra-charges-that-you-are-not-made-awa-1143026. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on My Postal Address Change.com

Answers to Phone Number Question.

AUTHOR: Jil - ()

I'm sorry I no longer have their phone number, however they are out of Utah and I know the prefix was a 435 number.  I think I googled it to find it.  I hope you have better luck in getting in touch with them.  Sorry I couldn't be more help.

I am in the same situation!

AUTHOR: GraceD - ()

I also foolishly fell for this. I immediately recognized my mistake and tried to get in contact over and over again with the company. You mentioned you tried calling them.... Do you still have that phone number? I cannot find it anywhere on the website. Unlike you, I never even received any email confirmation from them about anything, just a charge today to my credit card. Please let me know more information about how you got this resolved. Thank you!

Their mobile site does not list the charge

AUTHOR: Evan - ()

I also got scammed by this because when using their mobile site it does not list the charge anywhere unless you click on their terms and conditions when the payment option shows up.  I was under the impression that it was the standord $1.05 charge that was going to be charged to my account until i saw the $39.95.  If I had used their desktop website I probably would have noticed that it said there was a $39.95 charge, but because on their mobile site it does not list it at all unless you specifically click on the terms and conditions I missed this information.

Contact was Made.

AUTHOR: Jil - ()

I did miss that in the middle of the page.  At no point during the process of forwarding the addresses was it ever stated what you would be charged or that it is different than the Post Office's $1.05.  However, I was contacted late last night by email from the company stating that they were canceling my transactions and returning my funds.  It only took 3 emails and a number of unreturned calls to get this to happen.  But I am grateful that they were willing to do this.

I think that if at some point during the transaction it would have stated the charges I wouldn't have felt like I had been ripped off.  The company also didn't send a receipt showing the charges, just an email stating that they would forward the information to USPS and that I would get a confirmation in 24 hours.

I freely admit that this was my fault for not being more diligent in reading all the way through their information.  Next time I will take my time and not be in such a hurry, therefore opening myself up to situations like this.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Here's what is prominently located on their home page...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

My Postal Address Change makes changing your address easy with the Post Office ™. When you move, your mail will get forwarded to your new address. The fee for this service includes any USPS ® filing charges, and we will file your official address change request with the United States Post Office ®, save you time, notify up to 100 other organizations on your behalf, offer exclusive assistance not available from the USPS ®, and help you gMyet the services you need, and in addition you will receive a FREE E-Book.  Postal Address Change is a private business entity that facilitates the address change request process for its users and is not affiliated with the Post Office ™ or any other government agency but does act as an authorized agent for those wishing to submit an address change filing to USPS ®.

It's right in the middle of the page and NOT even in "fine print".  How did you manage to miss this?

What again was the Ripoff?

I underlined the most pertinent information for you.