Complaint Review: My Tech Guru

• Updated: Mon, June 03, 2013

• Reported By: Syd — McCormick South Carolina
My Tech Guru
Internet USA

My Tech Guru Hacked my computer and next day there was an attempt to hack my email account Internet

*Consumer Comment: Much easier process

After purchasing a new computer I called a phone number found when searching microsoft.com to transfer my 2007 home and office software from a broken 3rd use computer to its replacement. This is the phone number that came up, I called and they hijacked my computer telling me they could "fix the problem", invasion of "dangerous" virus, for either a $149.99 basic computer service or double that price for full service.

I had them on hold, computer chat, while I called the store it was purchased from and they advised me to get off line asap and bring the computer in. It now has to be reset to factory settings due to the threat from my tech guru, at of course, cost to me.

The store where I purchased it from said they have had complaints and computers brought in similar to this after paying and the computer crashing or not being repaired.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2013 12:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/My-Tech-Guru/internet/My-Tech-Guru-Hacked-my-computer-and-next-day-there-was-an-attempt-to-hack-my-email-accoun-1055994. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on My Tech Guru

Much easier process

AUTHOR: coast - ()

"to transfer my 2007 home and office software from a broken 3rd use computer to its replacement"

It would have been easier (at no cost) to install the programs from the original source discs.