• Report: #1082060

• Updated: Thu, September 05, 2013

• Reported By: Mike — Sheboygan Wisconsin
My Tech Help LLC
5259 Coconut Creek Parkway Margate, Florida USA

My Tech Help LLC posed as Apple and sold defective product for $1000 Margate Florida

I called My TechHelp when my MacBook Pro stopped working. I was under the impression that I was communicating with Apple and I was talking with Apple employees. After talking to the technical support specialist with My TechHelp they requested that I send them my computer and they would run a diagnostic test to determine the problem. A few days later they called to inform me that my motherboard was the issue and the cost of replacement is over $800 but for $1000 they could send me a replacement MacBook Pro.

I was happy for 6 months but now my hard drive has crashed in my "new" computer. I took it to and Apple store, because I thought they sold it to me, and a note came up on their system informing the Genius at the Apple store not to work on my computer or offer any support. Apple also informed me that I had purchased an AS IS computer from a 3rd party and there is nothing they can do to help. I then called My TechHelp who informed me that they only have a 60 day guarantee and I am no longer covered. This policy was never explained to me before purchase.

So after 6 months of owning my computer I am left with sending My TehcHelp my computer to allow them to attempt to repair or replace my hard drive, at my expense, or they will sell me a new hard drive that I can install myself.

Please do yourself a favour and avoid a headache.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2013 04:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/My-Tech-Help-LLC/Margate-Florida-33063/My-Tech-Help-LLC-posed-as-Apple-and-sold-defective-product-for-1000-Margate-Florida-1082060. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on My Tech Help LLC