Complaint Review: My Tech Help

• Reported By: Trish — Greenwood Indiana
My Tech Help
Internet USA

My Tech Help Warranty assistance SCAM Internet

Hopefully, with this post, I can save others some grief.  Be very careful when looking for warranty assistance for a new product!  I pulled up Sony help and somehow was directed to mytechhelp/sony.com.  Be aware!!  They are a scam!  I was told my problem wasn't a part of the warranty on my new product and I would need to pay $119.99.  Needing to fix my problem ASAP on a Saturday afternoon, I gave them an account number to charge.  I was then told their computers were slow and I should call back on Monday.  I was given a number to call but it turned out to be their SAMSUNG number, not SONY!!  In the meantime, I was given absolutely NO assistance.  Over the weekend, I fixed my problem myself and called to get a refund on Monday.  That's when I realized I had been scammed!  I called my bank but they would only issue a "stop payment" for a $30 bank charge, not a dispute that would stop the payment to this organization with no additional bank fees.  They also informed me this charge had been put through as a revolving charge...In other words, I was to be charged again and again.  While trying to get a full refund, I've left the bank account open but I will be closing this account as soon as I can.  To date, I've received a $69.99 refund from My Tech Help but am still disputing a "diagnostic" fee of $50.  Guess I should have gone for the $30 bank fee.  That way, at least My Tech Help would have received nothing!  Lesson learned!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2013 09:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/My-Tech-Help/internet/My-Tech-Help-Warranty-assistance-SCAM-Internet-1054654. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on My Tech Help