Complaint Review: My1Voice / E-Voice / J2 Global Communications

• Updated: Tue, August 02, 2011

• Reported By: Tony Williams — California United States of America
My1Voice / E-Voice / J2 Global Communications
www.evoice.com Los Angeles, California United States of America

My1Voice / E-Voice / J2 Global Communications E-Voice / J2 Global Communications E-Voice / My1Voice WILL STEAL YOUR PHONE NUMBER Los Angeles, California

The company names changes continually to avoid past negative reviews. Previously known as Grasshopper, and then My1Voice, and now E-Voice (J2 Global Communications)...........

I ported a number that I OWN into the companies listed above (I don't know what they call them). I was told that all numbers are portable (both in and out) and all that is required is a simple form to complete. Well this is isn't the case.

Here is a brief summary - I have made over 15 calls to My1Voice / E-Voice /   J2 Global Communications and I get a different story each time. Some reps say "no problem, this number can be ported, we just need a written request" (I already sent 6 written requests at this point).

Without going into the details; it has been over 3 months and I have literally spent in excess of 15 hours trying to port two numbers that I originally owned and transferred into J2 Global Communications / E-Voice / My1Voice.

Unfortunately, I cannot change these numbers. They are printed on over a 100 different forms, on my website, in multiple emails campaigns and on tens of thousands of business cards.

This has been a complete nightmare and I could think of comparing it to dealing with the mafia. They refused to give me a physical address so that I can file a lawsuit. They also refused to give me their real company name.

This company is a complete shame and I genuinely pray that no other small businesses will get duped into porting a number into this service, to only lose it later on.

Their tactics have been blatant - hanging up on me during call transfers, refusing to give me their physical address or real company name, reps refusing to give me anything in writing. They also mysteriously added a $100 charge to my bill prior to one port request and refused to transfer the number because their was an outstanding bill (albeit incorrect).

I am in complete amazement and at this point I don't know what to do other than to get a court order for them to transfer the numbers.

DO NOT use J2 Global Communications / E Voice / My1Voice !!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2011 11:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/My1Voice-E-Voice-J2-Global-Communications/Los-Angeles-California-90111/My1Voice-E-Voice-J2-Global-Communications-E-Voice-J2-Global-Communications-E-Voice--759803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on My1Voice / E-Voice / J2 Global Communications