Complaint Review: MyCouponKarma

• Submitted: Thu, June 12, 2014
  • Updated: Thu, June 12, 2014

• Reported By: angryCOUPONER — other Other
Internet USA

MyCouponKarma S. MacQueen extreme, couponing, coupon, class, seminars, classes, internet, social media, facebook, group Aston Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: MyCouponKarma not a ripoff at ALL

*Consumer Comment: Happy Consumer

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Fact

SUMMARY: I was supposed to attend a MyCouponKarma party, which was cancelled last minute due to bad communication and made worse by a FIGHT between MyCouponKarma's owner, Stephanie, and some of the potential attendants. Stephanie banned my friend, a paying customer, from her website without refunds and was very unprofessional & aggressive in messages to the hostess and others.

DETAILS: A friend of mine, who has hosted many very successful direct sales parties in the past, had paid to be part of MyCouponKarma's private couponing FB group and wanted to host a MyCouponKarma class in her home. She had spent months planning and put a lot of work into showing off the couponing skills she learned, only to have several people drop out of the party at the last minute. When MyCouponKarma's Stephanie realized there were only a few attendants, she asked to reschedule the class, which was only a few days away. My friend decided to cancel without rescheduling after some heated discussion about the unclear guidelines of what Stephanie feels is worth driving 45 minutes to (also keep in mind, she charges $25 an attendant, which is STILL REASONABLE FOR GAS & TIME for the number of people attending AND my friend still had the minimum number required for a class.)

My friend cancelled the Facebook event for the party and someone commented that it was bad of Stephanie to chose to cancel on such short notice. Stephanie responded rudely to the comment, which was public on Facebook, and proceeded to fight with the commenter - her potential customer. She created a very embarrassing situation for my friend and everyone who had access to the event. It was incredibly unprofessional.

To make matters worse, Stephanie continuously messaged my friend about the comment made on the FB event page, complaining, fighting, and making things way too personal. Stephanie ended up deleting my friend from the MyCouponKarma's private Facebook group (which she PAID to be in) and blocked a number of people in the FB event page. My friend never got a refund, or was able to get a word in edgewise. Everyone in the FB event page was left inconvenienced and angry.

Apparently, this was not the first time people have been blocked from the group and there is nowhere online to leave a rating or public comment for MyCouponKarma, so I am assuming her unprofessionalism and rudeness happens often.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2014 04:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MyCouponKarma/internet/MyCouponKarma-S-MacQueen-extreme-couponing-coupon-class-seminars-classes-internet-1154392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MyCouponKarma

MyCouponKarma not a ripoff at ALL

AUTHOR: Stephanie - ()

I hosted a MyCouponKarma in home 'party' after taking the online class and successfully learning to coupon. The online class was timely and in-depth and extremely informational. As it was explained to me after taking the online class and hosting the party for 6 people in my home, the fee we all paid was to be taught how to coupon, not to join the Facebook group. Paying the fee and taking the class, attending a seminar, or joining a home party covered the cost of the teaching and materials, not joining a FB group.

Since taking the class and becoming an online member of MyCouponKarma, I have learned to coupon effectively and I have saved thousands of dollars. I don't buy 4000 toothbrushes or 1000 boxes of cereal in one trip, I buy name brand items that my family of four needs and will use. My only regret was that I waited so long to take the class and start couponing.

I have had multiple interactions with Stephanie, the owner over my almost 18 months as a member of MCK and she has always been courteous and professional. She often over-extends herself to help the current members of MCK by explaining a deal step-by-step or offering a solution to any query.

Stephanie was on time for my home party, started, taught, and ended the class at the times she indicated she would, she was in communication with me throughout my plans and even adjusted to my schedule more than once! I don't consider this review to be an accurate depiction of Stephanie or MyCouponKarma.

Happy Consumer

AUTHOR: CouponMama - ()

I have been a member of MyCouponKarma for over a year. I had no knowledge of couponing prior to taking this class. However, with the help of Stephanie and the members of this group, I have become a pro. I have small kids and like any parent and home owner, a lot of responsibilites financially. I am now able to manage them all more effectively due to this class.

While I do not know the ins and outs of this particular incident, I can say from my experience and that of all of the women I have sent to MyCouponKarma, this does not sound accurate. Stephanie has always been very professional, helpful, and honest. If arrangments change and the number of party guests change, she attempts to be accomodating, of course within reason. Couponers get a bad name because people think it's a hobby, it is not. It is a lifestyle, a necessity. If she cancelled a party, my personal opinion would suggest it's because monetarily it was not feasible.

If you are looking for an honest person to teach you the PROPER way to coupon effectively for you and your family, I highly suggest contacting Stephanie at MyCouponKarma. The group has many happy and knowledgeable members that post deals and support around the clock. I should know, I've been one since the very close to the beginning! I send everybody who wants to know my tricks and secrets to her because nobody teaches the way she does.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: MyCouponKarma - ()

The minimum number of party guests was not able to be met.

A maximum travel time of 45 minutes is clearly stated on my website; travel time for this party was at 52 minutes I believe.

I do not charge admission fees to be part of a Facebook group; Facebook is free.  My fee is for my class, time and materials.