Complaint Review: MyDV

• Submitted: Thu, December 29, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, December 29, 2005

• Reported By:Chelmsford Europe
1432 Main Street Waltham, Massachusetts, United Kingdom U.S.A.

MyDV/mydv.co.uk mydv Complete scam! Absolute ripoff! Stealing your money! Waltham Massachusetts, United Kingdom

I ordered a PSP on 17/11/05 from this lying, cheating company. I was quoted a price of 169.95. On 22/11/05 I was charged 186.18 with a 1 fee for an overseas transaction (of which I was unaware, and certainly hadn't authorised)I e-mailed this company on numerous occasions, each mail getting ruder than the last one, with no reply.

I rang their call centre frequently, and unlike others, was able to get hold of people. I also chatted online frequently. I can only assume though, that this company hires cheats and liars, because I was constantly reassured that my goods had been dispatched and would definitely be here by Xmas.

I am still yet to receive my PSP and went out and bought another one on Christmas Eve morning. I have reported the website to the Advertising Standards Agency, but they felt there was nothing they could do. I also intend to contact the Office of Fair Trading and Department for Trade and Industry.

I foolishly paid mydv for my PSP using a debit card. I have contacted my bank (Lloyds) and, if you ring them within 60 days of the disputed debit card transaction, they will re-credit your account with the amount taken from you. They then claim this back from the company.

I hope these comments are of some help to others and I desperately pray that this awful company are closed down very shortly.

United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2005 05:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MyDV/Waltham-Massachusetts-United-Kingdom-02451/MyDVmydvcouk-mydv-Complete-scam-Absolute-ripoff-Stealing-your-money-Waltham-Massachu-169634. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MyDV