Complaint Review: MyDv.co.uk

• Submitted: Sun, December 18, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, January 04, 2006

• Reported By:York Europe
MyDv.co.uk
www.mydv.co.uk West Roxbury, Massachusetts U.S.A.

MyDv.co.uk ripoff, digital camera West Roxbury Massachusetts

*Author of original report: GOOD NEWS: CAMERA ARRIVED TODAY

Hello. I live in York in England. I bought a Cannon A520 Powershot digital camera on 30/11/05 from the website: www.mydv.co.uk. It cost 129.95. After 1 week of not receiving the camera I rang the traders tel number and an Indian man answered who I couldnt understand although he said it would be with me for xmas. Alarm bells then began to ring and I checked out the website on Google and my heart sank as there are tons of reviews on this website saying not to buy items as you either dont receive them or you loose your money. I have also noticed on my bank statement that MyDv have charged me 132.75 (not 129.95 as stated).

I have tried ringing again with no response and Ive tried emailing them with no response. I am very worried. I guess I have now lost all the money and will not receive the camera. As I have stated I have now researched a bit more about this website and it appears that this is a fraudulent company. I have tried calling to cancel my order but cannot speak to anyone. I have emailed to cancel my order but have received no response.

Fiona
York
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2005 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MyDvcouk/West-Roxbury-Massachusetts-02132/MyDvcouk-ripoff-digital-camera-West-Roxbury-Massachusetts-168405. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MyDv.co.uk

GOOD NEWS: CAMERA ARRIVED TODAY

AUTHOR: Fiona - (United Kingdom)

Well.....I had an email from MyDv Customer Services the other day saying that the camera would be dispatched in the next few days and it was very apologetic. I just thought it was another scam email but true to their word it arrived this morning. However, in the meantime, I bought another camera (as it was a gift). I now have 2. The one sent from MyDv is not under European waranty. It is only valid in USA/Canada. However, it seems to be fine apart from that. Not happy but the story ends here.