Complaint Review: MyFamily Dba Genealogy.com Aka Ancestry.com Aka Rootsweb.com

• Submitted: Sat, September 27, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, September 27, 2003

• Reported By:Stockton California
MyFamily Dba Genealogy.com Aka Ancestry.com Aka Rootsweb.com
360 W 4800 N Provo, Utah U.S.A.

MyFamily.com Dba Genealogy.com Aka Rootsweb.com Aka Ancestry.com ripoff, refuse to timely refund, didn't deliver software and other mailable parts of product Provo Utah

I ordered the deluxe, $99.99 membership in June 2003. I was to receive several parts of the services offered through regular mail.

I never received the products. I called in early July. I called later in July. I called in Early August, and finally, about the middle of August, I called and told them to cancel the order and to refund my money.

I was lied to about getting a confirmation number, and lied to about when I would get the refund. I called again at the beginning of September 2003, and was told that the refund had been submitted and should be processed "within the next few days."

I called again, on September 15th, and was told they would do it right then, and that same day I received the confirmation e-mail that I had previously been told they did NOT send out, that a number was "unnecessary." On September 23rd I called again and was told that refunds take six to eight weeks to "process."

I have talked to others who have dealt with these people in the MyFamily section, and they said that they will do almost anything to avoid giving a refund. If I had known that Genealogy.com was a part of MyFamily I never would have done this, as, with a previous MYFamily membership they ALSO did not send the me promised mailed part of the product.

Sharra
Stockton, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2003 09:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MyFamily-Dba-Genealogycom-Aka-Ancestrycom-Aka-Rootswebcom/Provo-Utah-95210/MyFamilycom-Dba-Genealogycom-Aka-Rootswebcom-Aka-Ancestrycom-ripoff-refuse-to-timely-67706. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MyFamily Dba Genealogy.com Aka Ancestry.com Aka Rootsweb.com