Complaint Review: MyFamily.com Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, March 20, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, March 20, 2006

• Reported By:San Francisco California
MyFamily.com Inc.
360 West. 4800 North, Provo, Utah U.S.A.

MyFamily.com - Ancestry.com Ripoff deceived me as to cancellation of services Provo Utah

I took the 30 day free trial to try to find my family. After 30 days I called to cancel my membership, but neither they nor I have a record of this call and it was over a year ago. As the have an "automatic renewal" policy I was changed for the rest of the year 2005. They claim to have sent me e-mails apprising me of this charge, but since I thought I had cancelled, I didn't read any of their e-mail thinking they were solicitations for more business. I just went over those e-mails today and found no such information. I had called them before that and asked for my money back but they said since the charge was a year old, they couldn't reund my money. I have not used this service all year, thinking I was not a member, so I don't think I should have to pay $99 for nothing.

Susan
San Francisco, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2006 08:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MyFamilycom-Inc/Provo-Utah-84604/MyFamilycom-Ancestrycom-Ripoff-deceived-me-as-to-cancellation-of-services-Provo-Utah-182327. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MyFamily.com Inc.