Complaint Review: MyFax

MyFax
6922 Hollywood Boulevard Internet United States of America

MyFax Nehemia Zucker MyFax credit card scam Internet

*Consumer Comment: MYFax (eFax) is a rip off

After the "free trial" my credit card was being charged $10 per month, as others have said. When I realized this last March, three months later, I called to complain and demand that the charges be reversed. They refused apparently the automatic charges were in the fine print. The only option they gave me was to convert the monthly plan to a yearly plan for $20, which would retroactively start from January. Since they refused to refund the charges, I reluctantly agreed. Many months went by without my using the service at all. I just received, this January, with no prior notice, a renewal charge of $20. I called to say I did not want the service; they informed me that the renewal fee is charged in December. They told me I should have cancelled before December. The fact that they sent me no notification of the impending renewal did not matter: it was up to me to know that the charge would appear in December rather than January, when the plan started. Their practices are unethical, their policies rigid, and I hope they lose a lot of business from people reading this report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2013 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MyFax/internet/MyFax-Nehemia-Zucker-MyFax-credit-card-scam-Internet-997830. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MyFax

MYFax (eFax) is a rip off

AUTHOR: Peggy K - ()

I am contacting the FCC since they have the power to shut them down. These people
are frauds.

They advertise one month free up to 100+ pages.  I had 4 faxes with 6 attachments.
My first 2 went through, then what they do is send you fake emails saying "You fax
did not go through" and that it is something with the recipient's fax. The receipient
in this case WAS FEMA, a govt institution that would not turn off it's fax.  My fax
was important, and I tried almost 10 times until it finally went thru.

They (MyFax) do this purposely go get you over the 100 page freebie, so they "get you"
on the $10 charge the first month.  It's a complete fraud and I am contacting the FCC
as well as the slimewad CEO of MyFax.  The employees refuse to help and border on
being rude.

Stay away, complete rip off!  PS  I am searching correct CEO contact info. Anyone have it?
Last I saw is Robert Brown is CEO and that's probably a fake name lol.  I will find it, but if
anyone can make this info easier on me I'd appreciate it.  Thanks
Peggy