Complaint Review: MyFreeCams

• Submitted: Thu, January 17, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, January 28, 2013

• Reported By: Pedro — Carnegie Internet Australia
MyFreeCams

MyFreeCams They banned me for contesting double charging my debit card for token purchase through my bank. Internet

*Consumer Comment: STAY AWAY FROM MFC

On three separate occasions recently,  the selling agent for mfc tokens debitted my debit card twice for the same transaction.  Mfc deactivated my account;  on contacting customer service I received this: "We have reviewed your account and it looks as though a purchase on your account has been charged back.  Please explain why this may have happened".  My response was: "On 2 occasions recently,  one of your agents has been "double-dipping" on my Visa card when purchases have been made. I picked these up on statement perusal and challenged the repeated deductions;  these challenges were accepted by my bank and the charges were recovered.  These are the transactions concerned:

07 Jan 13  V6014

29/12 MFCBILL.COM*TOKENS5 661-705-70  24118592365         19.30

31 Dec 12  V6014
29/12 MFCBILL.COM*TOKENS5 661-705-70  24118592365         19.30
MISCELLANEOUS DEBIT EFTPOS TRANS VALUE

You will notice that the transaction details are identical.   There was also a previous incident that was challenged and resolved in my favour,  details are not immediately available.  The response was:

"there is no such thing as double dipping, you received all of the tokens you paid for you will remain banned until you provide us a picture of your photo ID and repay the chargeback http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Billing_Help#Disputed_charges_and_fraud

I followed this up with detailed extract from the bank account listing showing the deductions from the balance but this was refuted:  "you are incorrect, you were never charged twice for the same purchase please refer to our previous email".

I don't know whether the mfc customer support staff are employed for their stupidity or their intransigence,  but they certainly try to keep the money and not help the customer.

But my experience with mfc c/s has been mixed;  occasionally I have been given the help I needed,  but more often than not the "help" was abrupt and unhelpful,  and I was given the impression I was dealing with a mentally retarded teenager,  bereft of all social skills and obviously lacking in intelligence and reasoning skills.  My experiences today confirm my view that mfc c/s is staffed by cretins.

A few weeks back,  some cretin in mfc decided to remove the billing company I had used for ages from the list that can be accessed when making token purchases.  This forced me into using another biller who overcharged by incorrectly using the exchange rate to their favour  -  with the $Aus being around $US 1.04 this amonted to a significant increase in cost,  albeit extra profit for mfc.  For several weeks we had a battle where the xcretin would remove the biller,  I would complain,  and a "normal" person would restore it for me.  Then funny things happened to my logins.

So we see crazies running mfc c/s,  refusal to recognise over billing by the billing company,  and deactivation of my account;  I have about 100 tokens in credit and as a Premium member with around 25,000 points I am very put off by what has happened.

That's my story;  my advice:  keep away from mfc,  you get bad customer service,  and there is a reputation for shady conduct buzzing through the internet blogs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2013 01:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MyFreeCams/internet/MyFreeCams-They-banned-me-for-contesting-double-charging-my-debit-card-for-token-purchase-998270. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MyFreeCams

STAY AWAY FROM MFC

AUTHOR: migor - (Luxembourg)

yes i agree; mfc support is dealed by idiots....is just a robber site as i told already here...b**tards they are...

STAY AWAY FROM MFC