Complaint Review: MyHeritage.com & geni.com

• Reported By: Ollie — Whitby Ontario Canada
MyHeritage.com & geni.com
Internet, California United States of America

MyHeritage.com & geni.com Consumer Rip off Internet, California

Life Time Members who signed up and paid for their subscriptions have now arbitrarily had their subscriptions reduced to a 5 year membership after a $25 million buy out of Geni.com by MyHeritage.com

Hats off to those who believe and fight for us Lifers, although I don't see anything good coming out of this. I have been jilted by false promises when I joined. My family history that I posted and researched has been hijacked with no means in getting it back although I no longer post any information on my family, that is now kept on a program on my own computer with no outsider having access to it. Family members are free to ask me if I have anything they need. Reluctantly I have now accepted the 5 year membership and the refund offered (not yet received) but will not renew my subscription in 5 years time. As a matter of fact for the time being this has left a bad taste in my mouth and caused a loss of any further interest in spending 1,000's of hours and I now no longer trust any geneology site period. This will happen again with the eventual result that the company (companies) will fold once they have receieved enough money from investors who will be burned at the stake just like some of us have been. Good luck to all and hope it works out for you, but I highly recommend you spend a few bucks and back up your family info on your own computer, after all how will you retrieve any information should the existing sites crash/fold. Merry Christmas to all and God Bless !!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2012 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MyHeritagecom-genicom/Internet-California-/MyHeritagecom-genicom-Consumer-Rip-off-Internet-California-983877. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MyHeritage.com & geni.com