Complaint Review: MyHeritage.com

• Submitted: Fri, May 11, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, May 13, 2012

• Reported By: a.beckerdite — Stockton California United States of America
MyHeritage.com

MyHeritage.com MyHeritage.com 14 Day free trial to get your card details - Billed me before end trial date Internet, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: MyHeritage team response

*Consumer Comment: Dispute It

I recently noticed that i was billed incorrectly prior to the 14 day Free Trial period ending as i canceled my account 6 days after i had created it. My bank account currently shows a debit in the amount of ($76.18) on 5/4/2012 from MyHeritage, thus they decided to withdrawl this amount even though my account had been cancelled well within the 14 day free trial grace period.

I have sent several emails and have had no response. At this point i feel my issue is being ignored. I am very dissapointed about this situation and in the website itself. My issue still remains open.

MyHeritage.com Start Date of Account:  Thursday, April 19, 2012 3:23 PM

MyHeritage.com End Date - Account Canceled: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 5:13 PM

Best Regards,

Alyssa

Stockton, CA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2012 10:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MyHeritagecom/internet/MyHeritagecom-MyHeritagecom-14-Day-free-trial-to-get-your-card-details-Billed-me-befo-881681. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MyHeritage.com

MyHeritage team response

AUTHOR: MyHeritage support team Rhianna - (United States of America)

Hi Alyssa,

I'm sorry to hear you were unhappy with the service you received from us at MyHeritage.

First and most importantly - a full refund was made to your account today.

According to our records I show you originally wrote on Apr 25th asking "how do i cancel my subscription?". Our support team answered the following one day later:

Hi Alyssa,

Thanks for writing. I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your experience here at MyHeritage.com
May I ask you what it was that prompted you to request to cancel your account?

Perhaps there is something I can help you with?

Due to the fact that your original email isn't a clear and definitive request to cancel and in addition we never received a response to our offer to help, your account was not cancelled. Had you written back to us we would have cancelled your account immediately.

For general information and others who may read this post: You always have the option to cancel your free trial without writing to support. This option is located on the My Purchases page on your MyHeritage account. It just takes one click to cancel the free trial. We will never bill you after you've cancelled.

Writing to support to cancel is also an option, however it is advisable to make a clear declaration that you would like to cancel your account so there will be no confusion or accidental account deletions.

You might write something like: Please cancel my account before April 25 and do not bill me.

Again, I apologize for the confusion and I hope you will at the very least feel better about MyHeritage and know that there are real people on the other end of the line. We're a global company with a good reputation and many satisfied customers. If you need help in the future you are always welcome to write to support@myheritage.com and one of our representatives will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Dispute It

AUTHOR: Jim Martin - (USA)

Dispute it with your bank.  Don't wait for them to respond, go today.  Your bank is required by law

Actually, your title is a little deceptive.  May 4 is 14 days from April 19.

Use this email address to attempt to contact them:  marketing (at) myheritage (dot) com

Hope this helps and good luck.

And, in the future, think long and hard before you sign up any trial offers, especially if you can't find a customer service phone number on the site.  These usually end up being nothing more than scams.