Complaint Review: MyInfo1.com

• Submitted: Sat, January 19, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, February 26, 2016

• Reported By: Fern — Eureka California United States of America
MyInfo1.com

MyInfo1.com 'Alex' in customer service Ensnared by fake U.S. Census site, Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: CS Response

I wish I had known about your site before I got ensnared by this fraud.  Reading the 23 other complaints, I realize that what I experienced is common.  I just got off the evil website's chat line with 'Alex' and I am supposedly getting a refund of my Visa card charge, but I see from other complaints that I shouldn't count on this.

I wound up at this website (the fraudulent one) while attempting to do some genealogical research on another website called CensusCalifornia, which I guess just funnels money to MyInfo1.  Like the others who have complained, I got no information whatsoever, after an elaborate "search and download" process. I'm worried now, because these people have my credit card number, and they appear to be totally unscrupulous.  I will update my complaint if my credit card is charged.

Thank you for the service you provide.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2013 08:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MyInfo1com/internet/MyInfo1com-Alex-in-customer-service-Ensnared-by-fake-US-Census-site-Internet-999670. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MyInfo1.com

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

CS Response

AUTHOR: JoshCustomerService - (USA)

Dear Fern,

Please email josh@myinfo1.com and I can offer you a full refund of the services rendered. I apologize for any inconvenience but I would like to fix this for you right away.

Thanks,