Complaint Review: MyInfo1.com

• Submitted: Tue, December 11, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, February 26, 2016

• Reported By: Starlabs — Palmetto Florida United States of America
MyInfo1.com

MyInfo1.com obituary.us.org  I purchased a $1.00 obituary from this web site that claimed there was one available. A window popped up for a $19.95 membership which I opted out. I never received my obituary and was charged $19.95. Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: StarLabs, For a Full Refund Email Josh@Myinfo1.com

I ordered an obituary from http://obituary.us.org for $1.00. When I used their web site an obituary was found. After I gave them my credit card information the web site changed to http://www.myinfo1.com. I never received my obituary. A pop-up window appearred giving me the option for a $19.95 membership which I immediately closed. I did not want a membership, I only wanted the one obituary. I still never received my obituary and was charged not only $1.00 but also $19.95. I found customer support and they have a live chat. I explained my situation and I was told that I opted for the $19.95 membership when I registed for the report.

I explained that I want my membership cancelled immediately and a refund. They explained to me that my customer satisfaction was important so they told me they would cancel my membership and refund me the $19.95. I was given a link to click onto to finalize the cancellation which I did, http://carinfo2.com/login and final cancel.

I'm not sure if I was refunded as of yet. I will report back here if I wasn't. Very misleading scam!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2012 11:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MyInfo1com/internet/MyInfo1com-obituaryusorgnbsp-I-purchased-a-100-obituary-from-this-web-site-that-cla-980525. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MyInfo1.com

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

StarLabs, For a Full Refund Email Josh@Myinfo1.com

AUTHOR: JoshCustomerService - (USA)

Hello

We apologize for any confusion in your charges and will fully reimburse you for any fees. Please email josh@myinfo1.com with you name, address and amount owed. We will immediately resolve this issue for you.

Anyone the requires a refund, account closure, or customer service requests can contact josh@myinfo1.com and we will gladly resolve any misunderstandings.

Sincerely,