Complaint Review: MyInfo1.com

MyInfo1.com

MyInfo1.com  TOTAL SCAM. Internet

*Author of original report: MyInfo1.com continues to be a SCAM

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: MyInfo1.com Response

Be aware that MyInfo1.com (and its trolling site deathrecords.us.org) is a TOTAL SCAM..!

Conducting genealogy research on a difficult-to-find ancestor, I landed at the www.deathrecords.us.org web site. I should have been suspicious when a .org started asking for money to tell me about the 75 records they supposedly had found.

I naively agreed to fork over the requested $1.00 fee and was immediately dumped on the www.MyInfo1.com web site to conclude the transaction. I entered my information and was rewarded with a generic 'start at the beginning' search screen for reverse phone directories, e-mail address look-ups, background checks, etc.

Checking my supposed 'search history' did not show ANY hits, rather than the 75 promised.

I called the 1.866.434.4253 "customer service" number from the deathrecords.us.org site and it told me I was talking to MyInfo1.com and that I could only approach them via MyInfo1.com customer service. There was no phone or e-mail contact information proviced on MyInfo1.com, only an offer of a 24/7 live chat.

This operation is a total scam and should be avoided. Be more alert than I was.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2012 09:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MyInfo1com/internet/MyInfo1comnbsp-TOTAL-SCAM-Internetnbsp-969422. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MyInfo1.com

MyInfo1.com continues to be a SCAM

AUTHOR: Tony Hill - (USA)

For anyone reading this post, beyond the basic scam outlined above, the actual charge posted to my account was $19.95 rather than $1.00 as advertised on the web site - a 20 times overcharge..!

Josh - I filed complaint #104725398 with Chase about your little bait and switch scam. You should be hearing from them shortly.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

MyInfo1.com Response

AUTHOR: JoshCustomerService - (USA)

Dear Tony,

For a full refund of our services please email josh@myinfo1.com. I can provide you with account information or find out what happened regarding your complaint. Our customer service chat is also available 24/7 and you are also welcome to call 1-866-434-4253 in order to contact MyInfo1.com about our affiliated websites. With thousands of customers satisfied daily, we can be sure to get you to the resolution you're looking for. I apologize for any inconvenience and again please email me at josh@myinfo1.com to get this resolved immediately.

Regards,